on 20 March 2004
This all in one pinter is almost superb.
Advantages;
- It prints pages facing down so all pages are in the correct order
- It has all the buttons for scanning and copying on the printer therefore you don't need to fiddle around with any software
- It comes with built in memory card slots for all major memory cards so theres no need to attach your camera to the computer
- It has 2 settings; one for normal print outs one for photo print outs
-it provides good software to amend scans, make photo albums and save pictures to disk
- Its not too bulky; making it any smaller would probably compromise on quality
- Provides a good online product tour
Disadvantages
- Can be quite noisy at the beginning
- Scanner/copier is only the big enough to scan/copy A4 sheets
- Sending infomation to the scanner can be slow and visa versa
Overall, I would totally recommend this product; It has saved my life on a number of occassions.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2004
After reading about people's problems configuring it correctly I carefully followed the instructions and still somehow got it wrong :) But after printing out the calibration page and scanning it in all was well.
At the start of a print/scan/copy the printer does make quite a bit of a clunk, but once printing it's quieter than my previous HP695C.
The memory card feature is fantastic. It allows you to print out the last 20 images max stored on the camera (due to space on the page printed), then colour in the boxes for the images you want, select the paper size and layout of images and scan it back it and out they come. The quality of the images is brilliant - so much better than my old printer.
Apart from the noise, I think this printer is one of the best for it's price.
on 5 June 2005
I was tempted to purchase an all in one printer (after my current printer died on me!) and after surfing the net I was impressed with the reviews on this model. I purchased it from my local ARGOS store(best price in comparison to online stores) and have it up and running immediately (within the hour) and am very impressed with it's simplicity, efficiency and good quality of scanning not only documents but photos aswell.
The only negative point I can make is the noise when printing.
But overall and excellent machine and value for money! £74.99