on 28 October 2003
There's absolutely no question that the music within this CD is of the highest quality. It is a celebration of 30 years of making music, and the contents of this CD span this timeline.
With such fabulous compositions as "Missing" and "L'enfant", thrown in with established classics such as "Conquest of Paradise" and "Chariots of Fire", the listener is ensured a pleasurable experience- especially as the play-time is almost 79 minutes. I must point out, however, that most of the compositions on this CD have not only appeared on their original CD, but also on other Vangelis compilation albums. In some ways, this is a compilation of compilations.
The main selling point for me was the inclusion of two new tracks. The first, "Theme from Cavafy" is so-so, but the second (an entirely new composition called "Celtic Dawn") is brilliant. As someone who got no pleasure at all out of Vangelis's last original CD, Mythodea, I found it reassuring that the Vangelis I know and whose music I love, can still do it for me. I hope this is a sign that his new album will be a return to form.
Beautifully presented, the album is supplied with well written notes. Vangelis has remastered the disc himself, and even the established classics have been "tweaked" here and there to give a perhaps slightly softer, smoother sound.
Recommended.
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 February 2018
No comments
on 20 May 2017
music from the ultimate music machine----VANGELIS
on 31 May 2017
Every track a winner ..
on 10 April 2017
Item arrived quick and I thought it was a new one as was sealed as new but looking at the description it was used, first class!!!
on 2 October 2017
Love it, all the tunes that I thought I had lost on one CD
on 12 July 2017
Wonderful music from vangelis
on 19 November 2015
I'm satisfied with the disc thanks but the case was very well worn and covered in stickers.
But I'm not complaining.
on 20 July 2012
I bought this as a replacement CD for someone who had "lost" theirs, it is absolutely fantastic, and music at its best, cant say there are any on this album that i did not like. Strong, powerful music.
Price was good and delivery - despite it being so close to Xmas was bang on.
on 21 February 2016