Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now

on 15 January 2006
Having purchased the first CD in the series (now extended to three), I decided to try the second volume - and I have not been disappointed!
The standard has been maintained with some great artists and songs, all with strong guitar influences. Many were already well-known such as Bread's Guitar Man, The Cars' My Best Friends Girl and Cream's White Room but the more popular numbers have been interspersed with some arguably lesser known tracks such as Stony Road (Chris Rea), Don't Believe A Word (Gary Moore) and the impressive Whirlpools End from Paul Weller. I haven't heard Mott's All The Young Dudes for years and still sounds as good today as it did away back then! Such diversity has prevented this particular 2-CD compilation from falling into the trap of other Various Artist albums that resurrect the same tracks over and over again.
If George Harrison had still been here today, I'm sure he would have been proud that his song title had generated such a robust series of guitar-led CDs.
Now where can I can get Volume III? Amazon, of course!!!
on 4 December 2003
another gorgeous installment of classic guitar songs. it keeps many of the artists from the first cd, which in my oppioion is not a bad thing. The cd is packed with tons of famous songs and a few that are not as big but your left wondering why they weren't. a great gift for dads all over the country or, in fact anyone who knows good music when they hear it! a must buy for any classic rock fan or fan of While My Guitar Gently Weeps 1.
on 23 September 2013
Having already got 1 & 3 this was a must have purchase and I am not disapointed. I love the use of guitars in songs and this is a great example of what they can do. I purchased this to complete the collection of 3 and hope that a fourth collection comes out in the future. I put this on in the car usually on the way home from work and just let the music take me home. A great purchase and I recommend any rock guitar lovers buy this and 1 & 2 as they are all brilliant collections.
on 3 October 2015
A very good DoCD collection, not one of the ugly chart collections, just one adult music collection, with always one of the best songs of the music groups / musicans who were regarded here. Iwas very satisfied with this futhrt collection of "While my guitar....."
on 21 April 2015
Enjoyed this CD - I like to listen to the guitar - however there are a few tracks that I am not keen on - but that is down to personal taste.
on 20 January 2014
Great music from wonderful musicians. Great songs and miraculous guitar playing from some of the very best in the business.
on 30 March 2014
For the money how can you complain. Some classic tracks. I enjoyed listening to this album and will listen to again soon.
on 13 March 2015
All I can say is exactly what I was after
on 13 November 2014
Good album, great for any guitar fan
on 6 January 2015