on 21 September 2015
If you use a lot of network cables you'll be well aware of the wide variation in quality. Even within the 'snagless' cabling sub category you get a variation in specs, notably the rubbish ones that have a rubber 'boot' covering the whole release tab, which works fine until you actually need to press the tab to release the catch and then you realise that the boot is hard plastic and difficulty to press the tab through. This cable doesn't have any such flaw, it uses two semi-rigid ramps either side of the push-tab, which allow for effortless feeding of the cable - crucially - without obstructing the ability to press the release catch.

Unless you 'really' need Cat6 for more than the bragging rights, these cables are perfect and deliver an immensely stable Gigabit connection with low noise. Just make sure you also get a gigabit switch/router to make the best use out of them.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 May 2017
I needed a very short cable to connect my router to Amazon Fire TV which sit side by side. It's perfect!

Pros
- Solid connection, no wiggling or falling out
- Strong cable

Cons
- Could be a more subtle colour

Belkin always make great value products and this is no different, buy with confidence!
on 28 February 2013
I bought this to run the length between my home broadband router and my daughter's smart TV - being a little too busy (and OK, maybe lazy) to go to the effort of doing real CAT5 cabling with wallboxes and using short patch leads. The cable is good quality, and the snag-less moulded ends are good; although it means a slightly larger hole is needed to push it through walls/ceilings etc (I've gone through the loft).
Only 4 stars simply because it's a bit pricey compared to others available without the snagless plugs.

Bear in mind that this is UTP, which means it is Unshielded (Twisted Pair) - so if you're using it for similar purposes as I am, avoid running alongside too much power cables or you do risk getting "interference" (this can cause connection dropouts or speed reduction). To avoid this, look for shielded cable at slightly higher price per metre.
on 22 August 2017
This was a perfect option for giving me internet access on the other side of my room. I was able to plug this into my TP-Link extender and run the cable all the way across my room to connect with my PC and it does the job perfectly. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a long Ethernet cable to provide the fastest access to the internet.
on 6 March 2011
I needed to connect my router to my computer, at opposite ends of the house, with a cable since the distance was drastically slowing the WiFi connection.
The £4 cable I first got worked when new but when threaded through the plasterboard from bedroom to attic space, over the joists, down through the cupboard, under the floorboards and up by the router (with much squeezing, grovelling and stretching on my part to get it through) the £4 CABLE DID NOT WORK.
I then purchased this, more expensive, non-kinking cable from Belkin and used the cheap cable to 'pull' the new cable through the same route. Any difficulties were due to the cheap cable kinking, the new one slid into position without a problem.
You get what you pay for and if you are going to some effort to thread the cable you are better starting off with a better cable. This Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Black) 30m worked very well for me.
17 people found this helpful
on 29 March 2017
The precise data-transmission performance of the cable is beyond my competence but I can report that the lugs that protect the latches are jolly marvellous idea; the lugs seem to protect the latches but unlike the protectors formed from a full-shroud over the clip, the lugs still allow the cable to be unlatched from the socket without any fuss.
on 17 December 2017
Great quality cable that did the job required. For those who aren't aware, the "snagless" part of these cables is great when you have to pull one out of a tight spot (e.g. a cluster of cables), as it protects the little tab that locks the cable into the RJ45 port from being "snagged" and snapped off.
on 7 January 2014
husband asked me to order 30m cables for the pc and xbox thingy so that when he re wired the bungalow he would put this cable in too. As not everything is wireless. I purchased these due the good reviews. We are very happy as they did not kink. After he went into work and listened to horror stories other electricians had with putting Ethernet cables in he was dubious about installing it. These went in like a dream. I was the best wife for buying such a good product! So yes a little bit more expensive but they installed up inside the wall to the attic and down the wall to the pc/game room without any shouting from above! I honestly believe paying that little bit more saved a lot stress. Very worth while buy.
on 17 June 2014
I ordered the small 0.5m cable as I have my router very close to where my Fibre phone line is situated in my house and this Cat5E cable fits perfectly. But be sure to check how much cable you require? as you get exactly 0.5m of cable.

Excellent service, I ordered the product on Sunday afternoon 15.06.14 and received the item early on Tuesday afternoon 17.06.14 and it looks to be made well and a good snug fit into the router.
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2010
Upon setting up a Home Network using Belkin Powerline Homeplug Adaptors I found I needed longer ethernet cables owing to the fact that those provided with Belkin Homeplugs were only a metre long and far too short for my needs. After shopping around for longer cables, I discovered these on the amazon website and purchased them.

They are a boon to use. The system works extremely well using these cables, one being attached to the network router, and the other attached to my laptop in the lounge.

There have been no problems and I cannot foresee any either. Fantastic value as well considering what some companies are charging for CAT5e cables such as these.

Highly recommended for usage and low cost.