Customer reviews

We'll Support You Evermore BBC [DVD] [1985]
Format: DVD|Change

on 24 October 2014
We'll Support You Evermore is a 1985 BBC Northern Ireland production which starred John Thaw as a father who is intent on finding the truth as to how his soldier son met his death while serving in Northern Ireland.

Despite the fact that I had never heard of or seen this programme before, I really enjoyed watching We'll Support You Evermore. John Thaw was excellent in his role of Geoff Hollins, a grief-stricken father who is trying desperately to find the truth as to why his son David (played by Christopher Fulford) was killed while serving in Northern Ireland. Whilst in Belfast, he learns that Siobhan O'Hagan, his son's girlfriend, is the sister of the IRA killer standing trial for his son's murder, while British Intelligence do their best to prevent him from viewing the trial itself.

Being a huge fan of John Thaw, I have liked pretty much anything I've seen the actor star in, including this programme. He was, and still is, one of my favourite actors and it was such a shame that his life and career were cut short by his death from cancer of the oesophagus in 2002 aged 60 years.

Going back to We'll Support You Evermore, it is a truly compelling and gripping drama, and I would very highly recommend it to anyone.
on 2 April 2015
Great Film on the Northern Ireland Conflict. The acting is excellent and John Thaw is magnificient.
on 17 May 2010
Good Irish film showing a family's suffering. John Thaw is excellent and Ciaran Hinds is excellent in his cameo role.
on 5 February 2009
This is a thought provoking film set mainly in Ireland. I had not heard of it before - only came across it on Amazon when searching for the works of John Thaw. He is the lead, and plays his part brilliantly. It has a good supporting cast, and handles difficult a subject very sensitively. It is a film that I would recommend, and one that I will certainly watch again.
on 5 September 2011
Thought provoking and excellent acting. Makes you realise how much of the truth we still don't know about all of this.
on 17 August 2015
my dad had a part in this film and it was great to see it again
on 1 September 2014
Arrived on time. Product as described
on 5 October 2016
Very Good - John Thaw at his best
on 10 November 2014
xmas present for a john thaw fan
on 3 December 2015
Very good value for the money