on 3 December 2016
Never heard of this group until a re-run of House played a song at the end which I liked so much I Googled the only phrase I could remember, and up popped this! Clever Internet! This is a great album, fantastic background music or one just to listen to whilst relaxing. Would recommend - and the song which was featured on House is "In the Waiting Line", which is a fabulous track!
on 20 August 2008
'Simple Things' is one of those albums that takes a few listens to get a real feel for and then once you do you'll be hooked. Like many reviewers here I came to this album via the songs sung by Sia and I have to say these are some of my favourites. 'Distractions' and 'In The Waiting Line' are probably two of the most well known from this album and some of the strongest individual tracks here. Although where this album excell's is played as a complete piece, the nuanced trip hop style beats and jazzy feel make this an album that truly makes you sit back and relax. It has a great feel to it and the few songs with lyrics stand out against the others to provide musical highlights amidst the sonic landscape this album creates. This is one album that grows on you and improves with each listen and as such I know that I'm in for more great times listening to this CD and recommend you do the same.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
One person found this helpful
on 17 December 2016
Sophie Barker has the voice of an Angel, I would say up there with Carole Carpenter. The lyrics are sublime and the music compliments it so well. It's a fantastic album in it's entirety. Give it a listen if you haven't already.
on 11 August 2017
New artist and genre for me, but very smooth and chilled. I'll be looking for some more by Zero 7
One person found this helpful
on 4 January 2011
I was introduced to Zero 7 in a bar in a hotel in Dorset in 2010. Since then I have bought just about everyone of their cd's. I started with Let it Fall (an ideal starting point for those who have not heard them before) which I listen to over and over again, as with Simple Things. Their very latest cd Another Late Night took a bit of getting into as the style and some of the artists have changed, yet I have been won over. The words of the songs are clear and several have some romantic themes, as well as some great music and percussion instrumentation. Lovely music to listen to in the car or during a quiet night in etc. I have bought these for family and friends, all have been wow'd.
on 16 December 2014
I bought this after picking up Zero 7's second album When It Falls in a charity shop. Simple Things is a good album but not as good as When It Falls. I think it suffers from budgetary limitations during the recording stage, not as polished as the second album but it has some nice songs with the usual downbeat Zero 7 style.
on 25 August 2008
Like all the previous reviews,this album is a classic & one that never gets tired,other albums come & go but this one is here to stay,been a massive fan of zero 7 from the beginning since i first heard the sublime "destiny" on a late night chillout radio show,every track on the album is outstanding,wether it's the beautiful instrumental tracks or the ones with vocals,it's simply a pleasure to listen to time & time again,a true classic! Also check out the brilliant "when it falls" album,another excellent release by the outstanding zero 7...
on 15 November 2013
This CD is very well worked on the instrumental tracks possessing interesting. On vocals, it loses a little to "When It Falls" another excellent work of the band. It's a pop calm, serene and with quality. Perhaps, this disc is more variation in sound that "When It Falls" but the body of work I still prefer the latter. Ok! Interesting! Note 8.5.
on 21 January 2018
Brilliant album. Baught this as a recommendation from a family member.
on 17 February 2002
I heard this album when at a friend's house recently, and was so blown away that I immediately went home and ordered it (was cheaper than expected).
Since then I've been playing it non-stop and all my friends love it too.
It reminds me of the Moby - Play syndrome - I reckon it will be kind of popular for a while and then suddenly it will be the album everyone should have!
Well, they deserve it. All the tracks are pretty chilled, some are exquisite. Here's to a long and successful career.