Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 August 2017
I'm 68.
Quite frankly there is something about these young whipersnappers that appeals to my inner whatever.
Not all their works are likeable. Sometimes just one on an album or just a few.
But I like the kick they give.
on 22 March 2017
Probably one of my favourite albums by muse and plug in baby has to be the best track in my opinion
on 21 January 2005
This is a musical masterpiece that will take your breath away!
I thought nothing could out do ABSOLUTION but this comes pretty damn close! New Born is a perfect & stunning example of this whole CD - whining pyschotic vocals, orchestral instruments mixed with the thumping beauty of heavy rock. THis is an emotional rollercoaster ride for the insane.
My favorite track is Bliss. This is as beautiful as Blackout was to Absolution only heavier. Plug In Baby & New Born are my other standout favourites.
This is an album you can play 24/7 & never tire of it.
If you like your music dramatic, soaring & operatic then this is a MUST BUY! I cant stress it enough. Just buy this & then thank me! Hahahaha
on 14 April 2013
You will either love Muse, or hate them. If you already love them, then buy it. If you hate them, steer clear. Can't say any more than that without risking sounding like I think I know a lot about stuff I don't. I hate really long winded track by track breakdowns. Just buy it, It's brilliant.
on 26 July 2017
Great Album
on 11 May 2017
A Muse ingly good !!.
on 24 September 2017
Everything is great!
on 29 July 2001
Quite simply, I love this album to pieces. As someone who never owned a Muse record until the New Born single was released, I can't claim to be a critically informed reviewer; all I CAN say is that if you liked the 2 singles (as well as forthcoming single Bliss) then get the album because it's ALL like that. There seriously isn't a bad track; it's just a continuous swirl of gorgeous riotous noise that leaves you disappointed when one track ends, only to be immediately uplifted again when the next one starts. Matt Bellamy's voice reaches exquisite levels of fervour and emotion - I don't know if he's being serious or melodramatic or both and I can't begin to comprehend the lyrics but DAMN it sounds fantastic anyway. The tunes, needless to say, rock. And, unlike a lot of the trash out there, they ARE tunes; you get the feeling some actual effort and musical talent was put into them, and in no small amount. No ambiguity here then; this is an album that will make others wonder why you're smiling in the rain, and if you've got a handy wide open space in which to sing along at the top of your voice (or if, apparently like Bellamy, you just have no inhibitions), then so much the better.
on 23 December 2005
I am a massive radiohead fan and got origin because people always say muse are very similar to radiohead. I listened to the album once, and it blew me away. This is what I imagine radiohead would have done if they had gone back after ok computer to heavier "the bends" style rock. But enough about radiohead, this album...
What can I say apart from it's amazing. Each song is so much louder and more powerful than I thought it would be, but they still have the radiohead derived intricateness and amazing music and vocals to back it up.
There really arent any bad songs on this album and its going directly under OK Computer to be my second favourite album, EVER.
on 17 August 2015
Arrived with the case broken. Some songs Iove and some are just slow and boring but thats muse for you