Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 June 2013
massive fan of John Mayer and this is a very good album. The songs are catchy and soulful, it's Mayer doing what he does best.
on 29 January 2015
good quality product, quick delivery.
on 9 February 2004
Having bought John's first album Room For Squares, my initial thoughts were that this follow up could never be as good as RFS.However,I have been proved wrong.This album marks a change in direction with more emphasis on the superb guitar solos and has definitely grown on me.It didnt take long!
My highlights of the album are Bigger Than My Body which I defy ANYONE not to start singing along to the chorus!,Come Back To Bed a gorgeous tune with excellent guitar playing,Clarity, Daughters and Wheel.
If you ever get the opportunity to see this man perform then go!I have had the privilege of seeing him three times in London and he is simply awesome live.Cant wait for the third album!
on 2 August 2004
Merely seeing the electric guitar on the front of heavier things was slightly un-nerving. Mayer's instant trademark acoustic sound seemed abandoned and to a certain extent was indeed. However, there is no doubting Mayer's talent as a song writer or his musical ability, however i know of no one who prefers Heavier Things to Room for Squares. Songs such as My stupid Mouth and Hey Georgia have not been re-iterated on the album. However, I would not be put off buying it from that ridiculous "where's the metal review," because as the reviwer says- he merely bought it due to the title, which is a mistake only eleven year olds commit and then learn from. If looking a Mayer album,unless already a fan, buy Room for Sqares first, as it is a universally listening friendly record, rather than Heavier things which is a CD that betters the more you listen to it.
on 15 February 2005
after flicking through the music stantions on the tv i came across the music video for Bigger than my body, after listening to it I saw an advert advertising the album Heavier Things so i went out to buy it the day it came out,whilst listening to it i cant explain it but it felt as if he was singing it just to you directly. Every time i play it it makes me feel happier and it makes me smile just by listening to his voice and the words to the songs.
on 24 September 2003
Following up to the mighty success of "Room for Squares", and the earthy quality of "Inside Wants Out", was always going to be a challenge for the incredibly talented John Mayer. He's come a long way from the raw, accoustic sound honed during his many years on the club circuit, and the progression into a proficient studio artist who can still retain credibility in live performances is a tough one. I'm relieved to report that while his sound has most definitely evolved on this latest offering, it is by no means an abrupt departure from the sound that made him so successful in the first place.
I would like to particularly commend his use of falsetto vocals, especially on the stunning opener "Clarity", and I was pleased to hear a greater variety in the instrumentation, such as an increased role for the piano and brass instruments. His unashamedly dreamy, baritone voice is vastly appealing on all of the songs, and makes listening to this album a sheer pleasure. However, the essence of John Mayer's appeal really does lie in his ability to write lyrics that are ordinary enough for the average person to relate to, and yet so ingenious that sometimes all you can do is just sit back and say "yes!". The gentle refrain on "Daughters" could be construed as somewhat cringeworthy, yet simultaneously carries a touching message. Similarly, the lyrics on "New Deep" are somewhat mocking, yet strangely affirmative.
Should you buy this album? Whether you're familiar with John Mayer or not, this is, in my opinion, a must-buy. Fans and strangers alike will most certainly find this winning collection of songs intruiging and hugely likeable. It is, without a doubt, a testament to the immense success that he most definitely deserves. Enjoy!
on 4 September 2011
Fantastically well priced and great delivery time. John Mayer as always gives a moving performance and I would recommend these to anyone one.
on 25 December 2003
"Heavier Things," it was indeed. I first heard John while on exercise in Canada. "Why Georgia" was the tune, from his 1st album "Room 4 squares". It had a mellowness to it that matched my taste in music better than could imagine. So, on just that tune, I bought his album. I was plesantly surprised at how much I played it. Im normally one of those people who buy a cd, listen to it five or six times, then shelve it and buy something newer.
Room 4 Squares has now been joined by "Heavier Things" in my cd changer, which plays non-stop when Im at home. "Heavier Things" is different from Room 4 Squares, not better, but equal, but in a different sort of way. Its more intense, and as another reviewer stated, his lirics are "3D" in comparison to the classic ballad or love song. He can express himself so well, musically on his guitar, & verbally. If u sit & listen to it properly, you get immursted, you may find urself sheading a silent tear, or with a silly grin on ur face, he's that good.
"Heavier Things" is a great 2nd album which doesnt disapoint. "Room 4 Squares" was a difficult album to follow, but he has suceeded with flying colours.
Buy this album if u dare, tho I think you should buy Room 4 Squares before this one. Only so u can get aquainted whith his style. It took me a couple off plays to get into them both. your money will not be wasted buying this album, believe me!!
on 30 December 2003
I LOVE this album! It’s honest, heartfelt and truly fantastic. John Mayer’s voice delivers the songs so beautifully. “Heavier things” is an anywhere any time album, its so well put together from the fantastic lyrics to Mayer’s sexy voice and the guitar work. “Bigger than my body” was what made me buy this album (as I’m a new John Mayer fan), I love this track and put it on when ever I’m feeling defiant but now I love every single song on the album as much. An album to help make more sense of the world, its optimistic, bitter sweet and just damn gorgeous!
on 6 March 2004
John Mayer returns with his third album if you included his independently released inside wants out. This album like all of John's music hits every sense in your body. There is a wide range of tracks on here from chill out to lost love songs. Many of the tracks will stimulate your mind. If you need some thing to put the smile back on your face you cant go wrong with this album. The cover and insert is worth the price of the cd i have never seen such a cool well thought out interesting cover before. buy it now!!!!!!!!!!!!1