Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 November 2014
History shows this compilation was not a final farewell from the band who went on to release the excellent 'self-titled' in 2010. However, for the STP curious, this collection is a comprehensive introduction to the band and their earlier work. The unplugged version of 'Plush' is an added bonus. The accompanying DVD of MTV videos and concert footage (if you can still find it) is a visual treat and which left this viewer (having missed STP first time around) wondering what they were thinking most of the time. It is nonetheless a fascinating insight into a band when arguably they were at the top of their game. Probably not an essential purchase for the die-hard STP fan (who will no doubt rather listen to the songs in the context of the albums from which they were taken) but certainly is for more casual listeners who believe the early 90s produced some of the finest guitar based rock music ever.
on 16 September 2014
I bought this album because of Down and Sex Type Thing, but listening to this album has given me an appreciation of the Stone Temple Pilots I didn't expect to gain. Subtly threatening or ambiguous lyrics played to an upbeat and spirited tune. Music that sounds almost like pop with verses clearly written from a sinister perspective. I couldn't help but feel a demented grin spread across my lips as I listened to songs like Days of the Week and Sour Girl. Thank you for the experience Stone Temple Pilots, you got this casual listener's attention.
on 6 March 2014
Great collection of songs. Would have given this 5 stars if it had included 'Crackerman' one if STP best known tracks.
on 1 March 2014
for my music fiend son he loves all his cds if fact its getting to big but excellent condition and sounds excellent
on 30 December 2014
very happy with my purchase
on 2 July 2016
Not a bad album.
on 24 July 2014
not bad just not me
on 13 September 2009
I was fortunate to get the chance to find this gem of a cd at my local library (it carries a wonderful selection of cd's). I was glancing through the cd selection and this greatest hits compilation of Stone Temple Pilots caught my attention. All in all I really enjoyed this cd and I felt that many of these songs showcases Scott Weiland's strong singing voice and the originality and creativity of him and his band. However I do agree with the other reviewer that the song "Unglued' would have been a good addition to the cd. If you enjoy many forms of rock music then this cd will be enjoyable. In my opinion the whole cd was great to listen to but the tracks that one will find themselves going back to are "Vasoline", "Wicked Garden", "Big Empty", "Plush", "Creep", "Interstate Love Song" and "Sex Type Thing". Any fan of 90's "alternative rock" would be happy to add this cd to their music selection.