on 7 February 2009
i bought this heater for my room after the central heating was not cutting it . wasnt expecting much from a £15 heater but suprisingly it is rather good . after about 30 minutes you will have a toasty room. if you have a large room this problay wouldnt be recomended. overall a great little heater
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 March 2009
This is a lovely and powerful heater; I'd bought it along with another De'longhi heater -- one for myself and one for my mum. I thought the other sleeker-looking heater is better so I gave it as a gift to my mum.
But to be honest, I'm glad I kep this one; it has a large airway and delivers heat very rapidly and effectively; shut the door and an average sized room will heat up within minutes. The design might not be much to write home about but it's not ugly at all; sits nice and compact when switched off under the bed or in a corner. Perfect for winters, especially when the central heating takes a while to get going in the morning. A good investment, great value for money.
on 11 January 2010
This is a seemingly well made product spoiled by a frankly appalling design flaw.

The heater claims to have a "thermostat" feature which is supposed to switch the heater off when the room reaches a decent temperature (which you set by turning a dial - though the dial doesn't contain temperatures in degrees, it's just a 1 to 6 setting). In theory this sounds great as it will prevent the heater from continuing to heat an already warm room. In reality, the thermostat seems to kick in far too early and often leaves you sitting in a cold room with a heater that refuses to go back on.

This problem has been well described in other reviews and it's exceptionally annoying. I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying it makes the heater useless - if you just leave it on then, even with it switching itself off relentlessly, it does eventually increase the temperature of the room - but it's about half as effective as it should be.
on 19 November 2008
it's very good, warm and quiet. The room becomes warmer just in around 5 minutes. Compare with the other one I bought and just returned, this one is really really good, for the price, quality and low sound.
on 14 October 2013
This small (H25cm x W24cm x D16cm), lightweight heater has an integral hand-grip to easily move it around and is almost whisper quiet. I chose it because it had the highest wattage I could find (don't seem to be any small 3kW heaters around any more). It's efficient and perfect for those of us wanting toasty feet! The bonus is its price - I could have bought 16 of these for the price of my Dyson AM04 fan heater which is really no better.

Note: After a very cold night, just discovered that the heater must be turned off at the wall if you don't want the frost protection to turn the fan on (even when the heat's set to * and fan off!).
VINE VOICEon 14 December 2008
These little powerful portable fan-heaters are great. We have three of them for direct heat where and when we need it. The thermostatic setting is very useful for saving energy and keeping the room at the temperature one wants. It can also be used as a cooling fan. It comes with a good cable and plug and seem quite durable.
on 14 February 2009
The De'Longhi 2.4kW Fan Heaters I purchased in mid December are excellent and GREAT value for money. We have two similar ones bought several years ago but needed more. The previous ones have never had any problems. I have had one in my greenhouse for years and it just keeps going and going. I thoroughly recommend the model we have - HVE 134 - as it is affordable and efficient.
on 8 February 2012
This product is useless. The heater switches off even if the room is still cold, then you have to wait long time before it starts again. So, it is not useful to heat a room (big or small). It is a waste of money!!!!
on 6 February 2009
The product is working very very fine, heats up my room within a short time frame and switches itself off when the set temperature has been reached. It automatically switches on again after the temperature goes down. The only problem is that the fuse of the plug gets burhnt and I have had to replace it twice.
on 1 December 2013
It's a good heater with two heat settings and a cooling fan option - just what I was looking for.
The only fault lies with the controls which, as supplied, are not at all easy to read. However, a couple of minutes with a fine-tipped fibre pen filling in the engraved numbers in black and it is easy to read the settings - but the manufacturer should have done this in the first place.