TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 January 2016
This classic 1980's sitcom DVD box set contains all three series and the 1986 Christmas Special.

The series follows the luckless David's attempts to woo the dreamy Linda, endlessly thwarted by the long suffering Amy, sometimes assisted by Linda's husband Robert, when he not playing golf or keeping an eye on the Germans. There are many situations that create a smile and a laugh.

It's all good natured, uncomplicated fun, the way sit com's should be.
5 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2017
I bought this for nostalgic reasons I remember it being on tv when I was a kid & have being buying back all things I remember being on tv from then. I didn't really understand it as a kid but now I think it fantastic. It puts to shame some of the more modern comedies & sitcoms especially. These are all very funny episodes & are acted to perfection by the whole cast. You can also tell that the cast are enjoying the whole thing too & this adds to the enjoyment of the whole production. Great fun & no wonder it was a top rater back in the day. I love the eighties, mind you I was only a kid.
on 21 February 2013
Another one of those immortalised classic comedy series. One that you will watch over and over. Brilliant performances by all the major cast. Classic example of a working class man keeping his pride and pretending that he is as good as the more affluent, instead of accepting that he has been made redundant and is down on his luck, Much to the cost of his long suffering wife, who just wants to accept life as it is.. Excellent value.
6 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2018
Nothing fancy just 'old' style British classic comedy which - to my surprise for I have not seen it for around twenty years - still stands the test of time. Worth buying to see how 'we' British act abroad.
on 18 August 2017
Very good price. Very funny series, if only all holidays were like this Ha Ha Ha
on 6 April 2018
Fabulously nostalgic and still funny after all this time. We've introduced these to all our friends and they love the series, too. Good old-fashioned innocent humour.
on 27 June 2017
Great old serious giving us hours of fun!
on 16 June 2017
love it had a good laugh watching it , times gone by
on 27 October 2014
Brilliant. How did they make so many fabulous when the location and cast never varied? I'll tell you, the scripts were ace anbd the cast cou;ld not have been betered.
2 people found this helpful