Customer reviews

HP 12A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (Q2612A)
Size: Standard|Colour: Black|Change

on 13 August 2016
Well, I guess I have this cartridge in my printer, and having into consideration that I bought it ages ago I have to say I am very happy with it. I didn't know I had an original HP until I saw this pending review. I bought it in 2009 in the second year of my university degree. I still have it in my printer and keeps on printing. I am not a heavy user but I guess that being 7 years old tells something. Let's see when it start showing signs of getting empty.
on 29 August 2014
Worked fine at first.Was a bit sceptical when it arrived in a box for another cartridge overwritten with 12A. I bought it in advance of needing to use it.Installed it 3 days ago and it appears to have 'run out' already. It says a 2000 page yield, actually less than 200 pages and print quality after first dozen or so was appalling. Streaks down middle of page and marks left after printing. This is advertised as being sold as a brand new item but bulk purchased hence no 'proper' packaging. More like a reconditioned or refilled cartridge. Surely misdescription of the highest order. Will never buy from this supplier again and will bite the bullet and pay a few quid more for a factory sealed item
on 3 July 2013
Faulty - failed to work. Only printed on one side of page. Amazon said they could not replace it but have offered a full refund. The ones currently on the site are a lot more expensive, so I have replaced it elsewhere. So this was either simple bad luck and no one's fault, or perhaps it was not a genuine HP item, but a reconditioned or refilled item. I don't know the answer.
on 2 April 2016
This item is not the HP original. It is re-boxed and the inner sleeve too is opened. It is very pricey for what it is.
on 19 November 2015
These toner cartridges are sold as genuine HP-branded cartridges. But BEWARE. They may be branded HP, but they are not original HP cartridges. This has been verified by HP. Do not buy if you want the genuine article.
on 20 January 2016
Received the toner today and opened the packaged only to find out that the manufacture date is 2008! I have not used the product yet but I am not sure how long it will last. I would not buy this product again.
on 17 July 2015
We have just starting using this cartridge although it was ordered a little while ago. It is very poor quality, producing very poor copies. It is out of the return by time and finding some way of contacting the seller direct is impossible.
on 24 July 2016
Arrived very quickly. it's an ink cartridge so not much to get excited about but it does a good job and lasts for ages. Best price too.
on 24 November 2012
I got the toner promptly, but the original cardboard box had already been pre-opened when I received it. Worryingly, so too had the vacuum-sealed inner sleeve. When I started printing, the print was paler than the old cartridge. It seems like it's a recycled cartridge, being sold as new, and I'm not thrilled about that. To put it mildly.
on 17 December 2015
The toner was as advertised and was well packaged. It is suitable for the HP Laser 1010 printer and gives good clear copies.