#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 4 September 2013
I own a number of these bowls in a variety of sizes and they are fantastic.

This 3.5 litre one is large enough to make a decent sized batch of dough (500g) and prove in it with no problems at all. Also excellent for whipping cream, large cake mixes etc etc.

Pros:
Light
Durable - after 12 months of serious hammer they don't look at all tired
Easy to wash - mine have been through the dishwasher as well as regular hand washed, no problems so far
Great to store - with the other bowls in the range they store well as they're so light, we nest them all within each other and it's no hassle to lift the bowls out to get the size you need.

Cons:
Can't think of any at all, the only thing you need to keep in mind is that you cannot use these in a microwave. Not an issue for me thankfully as I use the Pyrex Glass Measuring Jug, 1L, which I'd also recommend purchasing!
3 people found this helpful
on 24 November 2017
I purchased this bowl and the 5-litre version, primarily for bread baking. They are amazing. Dough is very easy to scrape off the brushed inner surface. The bottoms of the bowls are smooth and do not scratch my lovely quartz worktops. They are super-lightweight, easy to clean and basically objects of beauty.
One person found this helpful
on 7 May 2018
Love these bowls, I’ve ordered a few of them now. They’re very space-saving as they stack very snugly (even same size ones) and are perfect for cake mixes, batter, double boiler etc. Wash very easily and won’t hang on to any odour either.
on 4 April 2011
I have bought a few of these bowls. They are light-weight, hard-wearing and look good. I dont have any issue using metal whisks with them and have made some amazing meringues (metal bowls are recommended for this due to possible fat residue in plastic, glass or wooden bowls). In fact I find that metal against glass goes right through me, but each to their own! Highly recommended. And on another note some reviews have commented on the fact that the bowl can bend on the bottom due to the thinness of the metal.. I think that this is a feature ie light-weight and not a hindrance.
5 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2016
I've read some of the feedback before I ordered this mixing bowl and some of them indicated that the bottom isn't quite flat. Though I was anticipating this, I still wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately it turned out to be quite true, the bottom is not flat enough for the bowl to stand steady on a flat surface. As I wanted to use it with a hand mixer, it would not work out for me. Unfortunately I had to return it, however the return was very simple and easy.
on 3 April 2018
These look like hospital pans... but they stack well clean nicely and do not dent. I have had them a long time now... ugly but useful
on 11 August 2015
I find the slightly larger version is more useful, but nevertheless, I find these stainless steel bowls an essential kitchen accessory for tossing salads, mixing cakes, mashing spuds... you name it. I do not put it in the dishwasher, but instead hand wash it. Easy to clean. Very happy with this one.
on 31 August 2017
Using it to collect used baby bottles before washing. The bowl is big, good size, serves the purpose.
on 30 May 2016
Just a very thin gauge Steel. Nothing great about it unless you realize that the product probably sells for less than a Dollar in the country of production. But hey ho. This is Globalization for you.
on 14 April 2018
Very good quality good price very good service