Top critical review
82 people found this helpful
Here is how to find the hidden extras
on 9 December 2003
As for the difficulty of finding the extras, here's what you do if you, like me, have no patience to navigate through the DVD. Hit the "Stop" button twice on your player and simply enter the track number of whatever you want to see. Why bother going on an "easter egg hunt"?
• Go to Union of the Snake on the sub menu, hit the left arrow key, press play or enter on your remote and view the Dancing on the Valentine version.
• Once you have played the first default version of New Moon on Monday, reselecting the video gives you a different version. Similarly, reselecting the uncensored Girls on Film reveals an alternate ending. Ditto Wild Boys for another version.
• Enter Le Galerie de Duran by clicking the 'A' in the word 'GREATEST' on the main menu. This pulls up a gallery featuring the group's album covers and singles sleeves.
When the Planet Earth single sleeve is enlarged, go to the bottom single sleeve (Girls on Film) and press the left arrow button. This takes you to a ''hot spot.'' Press play or enter.
• On the Girls on Film (Short Censored Version) clip, click to enlarge the sleeve. Go to the Play screen icon and press remote's play/enter.
• A Day in the Life featurette is available by highlighting the third single sleeve down while an album sleeve is enlarged. Hit right arrow key and then play/enter.
• While the Seven and the Ragged Tiger sleeve is enlarged, press the up arrow key, then play/enter to hear the band discuss the 1983 LP.
• Watch bandmates chat about the Wild Boys clip by pressing the up arrow key next to the screen's Play icon when its sleeve is enlarged. Hit play/enter. The group's John and Andy Taylor discuss the 007 View to a Kill clip, too. While on that sleeve, go to the Play icon, hit the right arrow, press play/enter.
• On the second DVD, enter Le Galerie as on the first disc. To see the Liberty album's press kit, highlight that album's sleeve, slide to the left top single sleeve and press the up arrow key, then play/enter. Also, enlarge the Serious single sleeve, go to its parent album Liberty and press the right arrow key, then play/enter.
• Enlarge the Come Undone sleeve. Go to Play icon, press left arrow key, then play/enter.
- Planet Earth (Club Version)
- A Day In The Life featurette
- Girls On Film (long uncensored version - alternate ending)
- Girls On Film (short censored version)
- Nick and Simon discuss the recording and production of the album Seven
& The Ragged Tiger
- Union of the Snake (Dancing On The Valentine version)
- New Moon On Monday (Movie Version)
- New Moon On Monday (Edit Master # 1)
- New Moon On Monday (Edit Master # 2)
- New Moon On Monday (Video version for Top Of the Pops)
- Interview by Paul Gambaccini with Roger, Andy and Simon about Wild
- Wild Boys (Long Arena Version)
- Interview by Paul Gambaccini with John, Andy about A View To A Kill
- Liberty album EPK featuring interviews with John, Nick, Simon, Warren & Sterling, rehearsal footage and the Violence of Summer video
- Serious – 3 Alternate edits on a split screen/multi angle feature
- The Wedding Album – UK Television Commercial
- Come Undone (Censored version)