VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 May 2015
These films are starting to get a little dated now, but there is still some mileage left in the comedy. I have always liked Chevy Chase films, especially Fletch, so I knew I would enjoy this box set, and I did. With the exception of Christmas vacation I probably won't be watching the others again for another few years.

Blu-Ray picture quality is very good considering the age of the films. Sound quality is clear through my TV speakers. I managed to get this set for £10 which I thought was pretty good value for money.
on 6 March 2018
If you are a Chevy Chase fan you will love the first two movies, with the exeption of the Fletch movies they are Chase at his best. The Christmas movie allthough it seems it is the most popular and is fairly good is no where near as funny as the first two. Vegas vacation is where this box set loses one star, It's Ok but it does seem like a bit of an advert for the Las vegas travel commision. The blue ray version really makes these films look great they must have used high quality cameras and there are no special effect to expose either. Thes sound quality is also great.
on 20 January 2018
Christmas vacation, original vacation, European vacation, and Las Vegas vacation...in descending order of humour in my opinion. The first three are out on their own, with Christmas being my favourite and Wallyworld vacation second. European is not too bad but not as funny as the previous two. Las Vegas left me looking for the laughs... only for cousin Eddie I’d still be searching!
on 30 December 2016
The films are all great and speak for themselves, I'm a little disappointed with the packaging but I feel that may be my expectation rather than any short coming from the product.

All films come on their own disk, disappointingly rather than having a 4 disk box you get two double disk boxes and a cardboard sleave and as a final disapointment there's no art work on the actual disks.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 May 2016
What can I say, the whole series of Vacation films are superb, culminating in the best of them all "Christmas Vacation". They don't make too many classic comedies like thee anymore.
on 13 October 2015
I have always loved watching "National Lampoon's Vacation" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" but I had never seen the other 2 films in this set so decided to give it a try. Whilst those 2 films are good I do not think they as good as the 2 I had originally seen. That said, I am happy with the purchase as for the price it is worth it just for 2, but I have the other 2 as a bonus to watch less often.
on 12 January 2018
To be fair I only for this for Christmas vacation and the original. It was the same price as just vacation on its own. Bonus
on 5 February 2018
Great collection. Video quality is not superior unfortunately... but better than DVD or VHS :D
on 20 September 2017
Very good package and a nice price for four films. Bought mainly for Christmas Vacation which I find very funny.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 September 2013
Blu ray experience was much better as the quality is a sharper picture and beats the old VHS tapes by miles.
Only bug bare is that for the price ....you don't really get much in the way of extras..or even the quality of the boxing/packaging and each blu ray case is exactly the same.
Overall, worth it for these fantastic comedies..but don't expect to much else for the price you pay.