Customer reviews

1,393
Size: 3 Cup|Change

on 14 February 2016
I love good coffee, but I don't live anywhere near a decent coffee shop. I also have a tiny kitchen so no room for a large coffee machine. Tried compromising with first, the Dolce Gusto, then the Tassimo machines. They are handy, but they don't make good coffee, especially now that Tassimo have changed the milk pod into something undrinkable. The Bialatto (4 cup) costs far less than either, is almost as quick to use and it reliably delivers an excellent brew. Yes, you have to clean it and the grounds are a little messy to remove, but it's a small price to pay, I find. Delighted with my purchase.
on 9 March 2014
Having had the smaller '6 cup' (2 mug) version for about 20 trouble free years, I decided to buy a bigger version. Great product, however the screw thread for fixing the two parts together is very stiff. Perhaps it will loosen off in time?? Also, as somebody else has said, the diameter of the parts is just slightly the 'wrong size' to allow you to easily tightly screw the halves together. Makes great coffee though.........
on 28 February 2015
Excellent size to ensure you have espresso (or the ability to make espresso lungo) throughout the morning.
Easy to use. Relatively easy to clean compared to some of the smaller models. Feels well built.

I've used mine for something over 6months and the only **warning** I'd publish to other buyers is that the shiney metal surface can be damaged by some chemicals). Definitely DON'T put this in your dishwasher unless you want it to come out as a dulled, blotchy, slightly rainbow coloured mess (.... my girlfriend definitely wasn't popular for a few days after doing this, as the dishwasher can't really clean the device properly anyway).
on 17 December 2015
Great little moka pot. Even the throw away coffees are good! Carry it with me wherever I go, these days.
review image review image
on 5 May 2017
Great product. I have had the smaller 6 cup version for some time now and that makes enough for 3 cups. We now have an extra coffee drinker in the house and so it was time for an upgrade. This one just about makes 4 cups. We like 'long' coffees! If you were just having a small expresso I guess you'd get 9 cups out of it. These jugs make great coffee. Much preferred to a plunger type cafetiere.
on 5 January 2017
I bought this primarily to take with me when wild camping. Having obsessively reduced my pack weight, I thought I could probably justify 256g for a decent espresso after my usual broken sleep on the side of the mountain. As it turns out, the coffee it makes is great and so I also use it at home. Very happy.
on 22 March 2015
Bought this to replace an electric coffee maker which took up space in my kitchen and was rarely used. This one can be put in a cupboard when not in use,makes great coffee,quantity makes enough for an espresso for 2 to 3 or you can add hot water for a longer coffee.I use Illy espresso dark roast,it's really good.
on 25 January 2017
Not only does this give my kitchen an air of continental cool, if I drink two pots on my own in quick succession, I am almost guaranteed to get an attack of vertigo! This is probably more caffeine than necessary/healthy in a short period but it's the closest I've come to recreating the buzz of being a teenaged shoplifter* whacked off my gourd on energy drinks and Pro Plus.

*obviously I was too shaky to actually steal anything.
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2016
I bought this to complement my smaller Bialetti 6-cup Moka Pot. The 9 cup size refers to those tiny espresso sized cups and would make 3 good sized mugs if added to half a cup of warm milk, like the Italians do for breakfast.

The construction is rather beautiful in an Art Deco kind of way. It makes great coffee too.
on 8 June 2016
The original espresso maker, this was a gift for my coffee loving husband. He did manage to burn the coffee slightly the first time he used it so please be sure to read the instructions before you use it :) he has since mastered the skill and is enjoying smooth strong espresso at home. Easy to clean.