Customer reviews

Death Cult Armageddon
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 August 2008
Very good album and a pure Symphonic Metal release - a full orchestra (Prague Philharmonic) gives this the epic feel absent from albums only using synths or small chamber sections. A massive production and fast, heavy tracks oweing as much to Thrash as Black Metal.
A good comparison might just be Cradle Of Filth's Damnation & A Day - BUT this is a lot heavier!!!
This is easily as good as much of Therion or Nightwish, and I would recommend it if you like Metallica's S&M and want something MUCH darker and brutal!
There is also a slight industrial feel on a couple of tracks here, what with a few samples etc.
Basically though, it's harsh vocals singing armageddon lyrics, over chainsaw guitars, jackhammer, double bass mad drums and LAYERS of very ominous orchestral pieces! A lot of cool keyboard stuff as well.
on 3 October 2015
Excellent release on a par with Stormblast: melodic rock which is not murdered by overpowering vocal "growling" Fans of Amon Amarth should check this band out I'm a fan and I can see quite a few similarities.
on 2 January 2015
Great album from Dimmu Borgir, would reccomend this to any fan of the band.
on 18 September 2015
A masterpiece!
on 18 January 2014
In my opinion the best Dimmu Borgir album so far. No fillers on this album. A must for any black metal/death metal fan.
on 13 May 2011
Very good and it was a real bargain. For these prices you still can buy cd's in favor of downloading them. I want the real thing!
on 3 January 2008
The reviewer above has got his wires crossed. This is the DVD Audio version of DCA and it sounds unbelievable! it has full 5.1 hi res surround sound. if you have a home cinema setup that plays DVD Audio this disc is a must.
on 15 November 2012
Arrived in just 3 days and well-packaged (as in well protected from bumps etc). Great :)
Death Cult Armageddon (Digi Pak)
on 14 June 2010
Flott musikk av et norsk metall band. Et par av sangene er til og med på norsk. DVD audioen er flott og aggresiv å høre på. Bakkanalene brukes aktivt i enkelte av sangene og lager en ny dimmensjon til musikken. Eller bare for å "fylle" ut lyden litt mer.
on 5 January 2014
I will have to beg forgiveness here because I actually bought DCA in 2003 and have never thought to write a review on it!

There have been other comments made as to whether Dimmu Borgir are death metal, black metal, epic metal...to be honest I don't really care what genre of metal they are, they are brilliant!

I bought this album back in 2003 as it was recommended by a friend. I have never grown tired of it. I recently bought myself a car and it has pride of place in my CD player. The orchestral arrangements are ones which could be found in films, the album has a very theatrical feel.

I love the combination of metal guitars and drums against the backdrop of a full orchestra. It sounds amazing. I loved the album so much that I never actually thought about seeing if they had any other albums; I have since done so and purchased Abrahadabra and am equally blown away by that.

I have heard some earlier albums from Dimmu Borgir which have synths rather than an orchestra, and they just don't bring the power that the full orchestra does.

Other reviews here are much more comprehensive, but if you like your metal being backed-up by an orchestra then DCA is another league and I recommend it highly!