on 5 February 2018
I'm in my 50s but would only call myself a casual Bowie fan. Used to listen to my elder brothers records in the 70s so since those days I've had a soft spot for the odd album such as Station to Station and Low. I bought The Next Day as I loved the single and, of course, I've always enjoyed the big hits so have bought all the vinyl compilations over the years, including the latest two.

When browsing on Amazon I saw that Reality was going cheap as it was one of Amazon's vinyl deals and snapped it up for a tenner. I expected it to be all "modern" and dancey and stuff, but am pleasantly surprised and it's an album I've played pretty much on rotation over the last few days.

The package is nice too, nice glossy sleeve with a great booklet/insert.

Nice one, David
on 19 September 2003
Following hot on the heels of Heathen, Reality demonstrates that Bowie is on a musical role. Reality is nothing like Heathen; it is less pop music and more a mixture of hard rock and brooding mood music. There is no doubt that Bowie remains an enormous influence on modern music with this album. He sounds energetic, enthusiastic and innovative.
New Killer Star starts off the album with a stream of power chords, Pablo Picasso is bizarre and clever and tracks like Looking for Water demonstrate that he is 56 going on 26.
I am amazed how great this album is. If some of today's young hopefuls could write and produce something a tenth as good as this then music would be going through a boom time. Sadly it isn't and unfortuantely they can't. Bowie remains one of music's finest innovators. Totally recommended. Buy this and smile.
on 13 July 2013
2003 and we saw the last Bowie album for little over ten years with the new 2013 album "the next day" Bowie's reality album has been know to be the best for a few years at the time, others before were Outside, Earthling and hours which have had some bad press but can't please everyone, Reality is a great album, some rocky sounds such as Realty and some slower songs like the lonest guy.
Anyone who is a Bowie fan should love this and anyone who isn't there will be at least four track that will appeal.
There are a few cover songs Bowie did but realised on special edition version of Reality like the Kinks waterloo sun sent and K1 Love missals. BUY IT!
on 9 September 2013
I have been a Bowie fan for more years than i'm willing to admit, and love his 60s-70s output, i didn't like Young Americans, so let my listening of his music slip by me. After buying "The Next Day" album and really liking it, i thought i'd try some others. i must say i was quite surprised by Reality, it is a pretty good album, and with the special edition you get an extra cd which includes a new version of Rebel Rebel.
on 17 May 2017
2002 marked a real return to form for Bowie with the release of Heathan which was followed up a year later with Reality. The best back to back Bowie albums since the 70's. Both great albums
on 1 August 2013
I had read the other reviews which were in the main positive about Reality. I have thoroughly enjoyed the tracks and although a little more laid back, still music unlike anything you hear these days, in this processed world of group formation and reality tv. My favourite track is 'looking for water' as it perhaps for me, reflects more so the Bowie we know and love. that is not to say I don't like this CD, I do.
on 14 June 2017
Well, its Bowie isn't it?!! Great for daughter who is huge fan of Bowie!
on 24 February 2016
What can you say, its Bowie, its clear vinyl and the sound quality is first rate.
on 25 February 2018
super vinyl
on 12 March 2017
Bowie back to his best, after tin machine.
Good quality pressing with minimal surface noise