Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 September 2003
From the moment this album kicks off the listener is in for a treat. It's a superb mix of music styles, some of which may come as a shock to those expecting 'just another pop album' offering, as this is anything but.
The singles are all here - the funky 'Stop Sign', the smooth and sexy 'Miss Perfect', and the summery laid back debut single 'What You Got'.
Stand out tracks include: 'Rain' which is haunting in the extreme, 'Back To The Limbo' a fresh and funky track sampling the old Booker T's song, 'Lover's Rock' a laid back reggae-tinged sensation, and 'Angel' which brings a beautiful and breath-taking finale. There's something for everyone on this album, from Disco, to R&B coolness that will keep you dancing all night. Top marks!
on 4 September 2003
Abstract Theory is a fun pop album and possibly one of the best this year. There is so much variety packed in this 13 track album - I don't see how anyone could possibly say the songs sound the same whether they are a fan or not. Highlights include 'Back To The Limbo' which samples the cricket theme, it's a fun tune to dance along with. Then there's the funky disco number 'Turn Me Up' as well as the catchy comeback single 'Stop Sign'. Throw in a few slow ballads like the mighty 'Rain' and satisfying finale, 'Angel'. Whether you'll like it or not, give it a go! "You have to buy the album and keep the receipt 'cause if you don’t like it feel free to take it back and get Lord Of the Rings on DVD," Abs even says so himself!
on 26 May 2017
Super excited to get my hands on this CD as iTunes no longer have it on there system :-( which I can not for the life of me understand why. I lost my Abs CD when we moved and super excited to have it as its one of my fav albums ❤️
on 29 November 2003
The title of this album should be: ABSolutely Fantastic because that sums it up perfectly. From smooth balllads to funky grooves this has everything a pop fan could wish for. Apart from the brill singles there are many tracks that stand out like the groovy 'Back to the Limbo'and the slow and soppy 'Rain'! Each track has a different feel to it ranging from R'n'B, Rock and Pop. Good one Abs!
on 28 August 2003
This album has what you want and more!
It has the 1st 3 singles released by Abs (Stop Sign, Miss Perfect & What you got) it also includes a single called Shame which was released in Australia!
There is a mixture of fast and slow songs, with beats that will stay in your head forever!
It also has a hidden track, which makes the 13 track album complete.
Overall i think this album is well worth the money, and Abs's voice is beautiful!
So if you have any thoughts of buying this album, let me tell you, you wont be disapointed!
on 19 March 2015
I think some reviews here very misleading regarding the content of this album. Whatever his name is and whatever he decided to named it has nothing to do with the content. I don't think his lyrics are to point out 'how great he is' as some reviewers say. Analyzing music is very subjective and that is how art works, it trespasses languages and tastes. It always surprises me the unnecessary attack and ignorance.
After many years of not knowing anything about 5ive and Abs, I decided to look for him and found he made it solo. I vaguely remember 'What you've got' on TV, but I missed all the other songs. I believe he has more than passable vocals, and he made this album to many audiences going from simple ballads to upbeat, reggae rhythms. One thing I feel when I listen to his songs is that I want to tap my feet, dance and be on the beach.
The only feeling I was left out after listening to this album was where I can find more! I heard songs I heard nowhere else like 'Emotional' (which has nothing to do with his Turkish roots), it is sort of mysterious and odd but beautiful. My favorite song is Lovers rock, it feels like being in-love and being out in a romantic night in the beach or running watching the sunset. Other songs I like are Rain, Roll with me, 7 Ways, Miss Perfect, and Back to the limbo. Seems like he has something for everyone! Heard he didn't like any of the songs he wrote for this album because he had better ones, but as always producers decide for artitsts which are promoted as singles. It is a pitty there are not more albums of him. Heard unreleased songs in youtube and in warringtonwarrior website. I think whichever critic or reviewer says his voice is only passable or mediocre, it's doing this very unintended. They have not listened enough from him. Hope he decides soon to release something for our pleasure. I am happy that though there are no albums in stores anymore, at least we have Amazon, iTunes and Spotify to listen to him :)
on 20 August 2003
Abs' debut album, Abstract Theory', is finally released 1 September 2003 almost 2 years after he announced his solo career with BMG after the split of super boy-band FIVE.
Unlike most freshman efforts, this album displays a depth of musical knowledge, confidence and capability that far outstrips that of Mr Breen's pop music collegues. From the gorgeous acoustic guitar in the sad ballad RAIN to the funky reggae beats of BACK TO THE LIMBO to the dance-fueled top ten hits STOP SIGN and WHAT YOU GOT, Abs proves he is the new king of British pop and no clone of American counterpart, Justin T.
Able to smoothly slide between various music styles and always with one of his trademark lightning-quick raps tucked in somewhere, Abs is a unique talent among the masses of sound-alike popsters currently holding sway in England. BUY THIS ALBUM!
on 2 September 2003
I have to admit I was initially sceptical about hearing Ab's debut album. After all, his success with 5ive was certainly something for him to live up to and it has taken him nearly two years to get an album out following the bands split. However my doubts were soon put to rest. The album kicks off with top pop tune Stop Sign and continues through with a mix of great rap (Shame), reggae (what You Got), ballads (Rain), and party tunes (Back To The Limbo) the album is diverse and is full of great pop tunes with a twist. Abs has certainly come into his own and has proved that even without his fellow band members, he can produce a top class pop album, guaranteed to cheer up those long Autumn days now that Summer's gone. I would ceratainly reccomend this to anyone who liked 5ive aswell as anyone who wants a party album that will have them dancing from start to finish.
on 8 May 2013
I bought this album to replace my original which unfortunately got damaged.
Abz' album is still fresh-sounding after all this time and he has a beautiful voice - well worth the listen!!
on 5 August 2013
Who can blame abs for trying to make it on his own after the split of 5ive. As a 5ive fan i enjoyed listening to this album and i'm sure other fans would too.