Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 January 2004
Here is the thing. I really like to dabble about in the various types of World music, but I am by no means an expert. There are an awful lot of terrible compilations out there and its very easy to get lumbered with substandard trash.
I had thought the only exception to this were the excellent Rough Guides but now I can add this to the list.
A really wide ranging and intriguing runthrough of one years output of international music. Some of it is pop, some of it is roots. I don't love all of it but my word its interesting. I certainly love a great deal of it.
Only trouble is its going to cause me to buy lots of stuff by the artists I like.
An expensive bargain then!
on 4 February 2009
I heard Charlie Gillett picking out his favourite world music on World Radio at about 3am one night. The music is just so weird and really varied. I'm an addict now. There are quite a lot of his collections and they're all really interesting and 'different'.
on 18 September 2011
A great selection of music from across this wonderful World which we inhabit.
Play it loud, or enjoy it softly...
on 25 August 2016