Customer reviews

The Omega Man [DVD] [1971]
Format: DVD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 March 2017
A classic 1970's Horror/Sci-fi movie with Charlton Heston, that I really do like.
It's based on the last man on earth, and tells the story of a survivor of a biological catastrophe which has killed the majority of the planets population, and mutated a few more, our hero is of course Immune.
Charlton Heston plays the role in a similar way to his role in Planet of the Apes, and much better in my opinion than Will Smith in I am legend.

Watching the Omega Man, I fell a real sense of foreboding and danger to the stories main character and its very pessimistic plot line was reminiscent of many movies of its type in the 1970's when happy endings in movies were not popular.

Well the picture quality is looking a little dated, and were used to over the top special effects, but the Omega man shines in my opinion as its character centered, and story driven and so engaging.
on 11 October 2017
Omega Man seemed scary when watching it as a kid in '70s. I remember thinking it could be quite prophetic. I've grown up and film has dated. What is with the Jimmy Saville wigs and Michael Jackson skin colouring? As I've grown up I've probably learned to appreciate better acting in films. Charlton Heston maybe an on-screen presence but it's a very wooden one (I also note he likes guns as much then as he does now - God Save America!) The film still has some nice premises and I would have liked to investigate his loneliness, and know more about the delusions such as the ringing telephones and how much effort he put into almost believing his chess games. Film probably deserves 2.5 stars but that isn't allowed so I traded up because I liked it once.
on 24 May 2017
An enjoyable great movie, way better then the re-make. The DVD contains the theatrical trailer, an introduction by the screenwriter and a couple of actors and there is a short documentary on the making that will give you some great movie info.
on 5 April 2015
Blu-ray review. It's a very average transfer of a great film and only marginally better than the DVD. Hopefully at a point in the future someone will make a cleaner transfer than this.
on 23 July 2017
Super 70s sci fi film , with the original action man Chuck Heston!, great film.
on 20 April 2017
Replacing old VHS tape
on 23 April 2017
Very good!
on 21 September 2017
Good
on 25 July 2017
An amazing action/horror film from the past. One of Heston's best films.
on 11 January 2017