Customer reviews

FIEBRE
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 August 2017
Radio Tarifa recording live I believe which has stuff they have done on other albums. A good CD.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 October 2013
I first bought Radio Tarifa not knowing anything about them and have loved their blend of Spanish and African rhythms ever since. This album doesn't disappoint.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 October 2005
Tarifa are incredible - I am a big fan of their swirling music, though not always of live albums or recordings. Indeed, I think they sound better on studio recordings, as the texture of the music is allowed to develop rather than being reduced to the tinny, applause-laden sound common to many live albums. The vocals are also slurred, particularly on Rondo Sanabrio, which makes the live version a bit less entrancing than the studio recording.
However the sound does break through in places, and when it does, is as superlative as their three studio recordings (and what's more you don't have to sit through the percussion-only tracks which irritate me on "Rumba Argelina", "Temporal" and "Cruzando El Rio". The outstanding track is "El Mandil de Carolina" - always my favourite on record and the only one actually enhanced by the live recordings. Otherwise, "Rondo Sanabrio" and "Cancion Sephardi", two of my favourite studio tracks, are paler in comparison live but still make the grade. The other tracks have been chosen well (my favourite from "Cruzando...", "Quinto", is pretty difficult to do live, as are some of the slower tracks from the third album - people at a concert don't want to listen to a mixture of slow and fast, they want the big numbers belted out to them).
4 stars only because this is still a live recording, but if you like Tarifa, the sleevenotes will give you a better insight into their work than other recordings do.
on 28 July 2003
The new album from Radio Tarifa is very different from their previous albums as this is a recording of a live concert in Canada and they have used more electric instruments than on their previous albums. This has changed the sound and feel of the group’s performance some tracks have benefited from this and obviously some have not.
There are only 3 new tracks on this album and the rest are taken from their previous albums: - Rumba Argelina, Temporal and Cuzando El Rio.
The new tracks are:-
Track 1 Jota Bereber, Track 2. Elli Yeddi Hey Ennas and Track 12. Fiebre
I must say that Elli Yeddi Hey Ennas on its own makes buying the album worthwhile the amount of feeling and energy that is in this track is absolutely fantastic.
If you are a fan of this type of music you should try to get some albums of the following artists Lluis Llach and Martin Rago but I think you will only be able to obtain these in Spain.
All in all this album is worth every penny.. Good one Radio Tarifa.
on 31 July 2003
A couple of months ago, I was invited by a friend to see a concert in Murcia, where we live. I have heard of the band, Radio tarifa, but I was not very sure about the type of music they played. I did not have anythingelse to do so I said yes.
Thank God I did. I've never been in a better concert: the music was brilliant; the musicians, incredible performers; people could not stop dancing and singing. Of course, the following day, I bought the album, Fiebre, and since then, I listen to it almost every day. The album, a live concert they did in America, sounds just like the concert I went to. This is why I like it so much. The only thing missing are the people dancing around me, but I close my eyes, and dance and the feeling of the concert comes back to me. Brilliant job, Radio Tarifa.