on 7 May 2010
I have most of Andre Rieu's early concert DVDs and this was among the best. Entertaining, skilfully excecuted classical music, humorous bits throughout, beautiful to look at and listen to.
0Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 March 2015
We love Andre & his gang of musical geniuses. Ok. It's a huge marvellous orchestra & singers-All brilliant but unlike any orchestra I've seen or played in. A Concert is an entire evening of music, fun, laughter & often drinking! It's not a couple of hours of sitting stiffly & dressed up. People go dressed in whatever they want & join in all evening-often into the night! One time he asked if any Piper's, (People who can play the bagpipes) who could play in an up coming out door Concert-over 350 responded & played! He also had hundred's beautiful of grey, (they look white!) highly schooled horses prancing in time to the Piper's. It was fantastic to say the least. I can't recall exactly what's on this DVD but it will be as spectacular!
on 16 June 2014
Bought for my wife who is well pleased. For my part, I found it was too loud, had too much reverb and the orchestra was too small, hence the high degree of amplification. Not the usual Rieu offering we get from European venues., no singers or dancers . Consists of the concert of 85 min of mainly Strauss, followed by 22 min of 'extras' more upbeat, music in a number styles from Glenn Miller to S. American. Never heard Rieu play this sort of stuff before, maybe aiming at the British market. The audience seemed to love it, dancing in the aisles at the end, so no doubt it will appeal to Rieu fans.
on 8 March 2015
This was a dodgy copy of this dvd it kept jumping and their was script missing.I will definitely buy this again at a later date.hopefully from a
better supplier.I am now sending back a second copy of this DVD as like the first it is awful ie no script of what song there playing which their is a banner that goes across the screen which should be titled,also the picture jumped and the sound was not clear and the picture was misty.As with my first copy there is a label that is printed with the cover which has the letters FSK ab 0 feilgegeben these letters were not shown on the one that i ordered i am sure this is again a dodgy copy.If Amazon can ensure of a legit DVD i will purchase again. perhaps third time lucky.
on 2 August 2017
Totally entertaining , not just the performance which is brilliant but to see the audience embracing the joy. This is one of the few performers that captivate my 98 year old
on 24 January 2010
I have had this Albert Hall concert on video tape for several years, and decided in matching new dvd equipment with a dvd of the same concert.
The dvd is of the same concert, but with some different editing. In particular the very amusing treatment of the Harry Lime theme is now missing, this was one of my favourite items. I never thought I would ever complain about an Andre Rieu concert recording, but those who have never seen the full concert will still enjoy this latest version.
Anyway, everyone should get the wonderful Australian concert in Melbourne.....
on 29 September 2017
This DVD was delightful. I highly recommend it to everybody. It is so much better than I thought it would be.
on 13 November 2014
What can I say that hasn't been said before ? It's Andre Rieu and the JSO. If it's your kind of music (and if it's not there must be something wrong with you), you'll love it. Go ahead treat yourself. Yet another great DVD. I especially love the Andre Sisters - great fun - should be more of it.
on 10 January 2017
My wife loves the guy I take second place
on 1 February 2018
Product returned, purchased in error, should have been CD