on 14 December 2003
I recently bought this for my maths keen son and we've both really enjoyed it. There are a variety of games many of which can be adapted for younger players, and it's definitely not too 'schoolish'!!! It does need a lot of space but its well worth it, excellent value for money, and it certainly makes a change from all the usual board games you can buy in the shops!!
on 11 April 2010
I bought this for my pizza loving 6 year old who enjoys counting. It's really helped him to grasp fractions but this has just happened naturally as a result of a really fun game which we play together as a family. His 3 year old brother can take part too (without having to understand the fractions) and it makes for fun foodie conversations while playing. It's not a cheap game but it's fairly big and robust and I can see it's entertainment value really lasting.
on 24 February 2011
All my children love it. I brought it for my 5 year old and she can't stop playing it. There's lots of different variations so that it can be played with my older two children, 8 and 9 years old. Better still they have no idea it's educational!
on 27 August 2012
I bought this game for my preschool grand-daughter as she likes eating pizza, enjoys fitting puzzles together, likes to pretend to shop,cook and serve and happily uses the game in all these ways without realizing that she is getting to understand aspects of size, quantity, fractions and wholes, and category matching too! What a great way to have fun and absorb some useful maths at the same time.

The pieces are strongly made and attractive to look at, and will probably last for many years.

One suggestion for the manufacturers - could the kit include a round pizza tray that can fit inside the storage box? This would help when putting slices back together, and give a constant reminder of the size of the 'whole' to compare with the sizes of the fraction slices.

I thoroughly recommend this game to any one with pre-school or primary school children.
on 28 August 2013
Great game, or should I say games. Ideal for learning fractions from a young age. Good quality and made well. My daughter is six and loves the game and she has other game levels to progress too.
on 4 September 2012
fab, our 6 yr old loves it and is learning too, what a great idea to help with fractions, i'd def recommend
on 2 January 2016
There are games for different year groups. Good tool to visualise quarter, half etc. The rules take some time to read and digest. So I do not feel the I want to play with it but once we get going it is not too bad. The kids who do not like maths was willing to pay with it.
on 2 February 2014
Cardboard pizza's a bit on the thin side and spinner very flimsy but hopefully this game will last long enough for my 7 year old to get a grip on fractions.
on 4 December 2013
Makes learning fun! My son really understood fractions more after demonstrating with the pizza slices. We bring it out now and then when we get stuck!
on 15 September 2016
Had loads of fun with these. Lots of different games to play. Used it with 7 year old and 11 year old. Enough challenge for all.