Customer reviews

I Am The Movie
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 November 2003
I saw this band in London with the All-American Rejects and loved them. Their album has a new feel about it. It has an interesting concept with adding the moog! I love this album and my favourite tracks have to be 'The future freaks me out' and 'capital h'. I would highly reccomend this album. It is one of the best debut albums I have heard in a long time!!!
on 6 February 2004
I saw this band as a support act for Motion City Soundtrack along with Limbeck for All American Rejects. They are the best rock band around that isnt either so well known that everyone has heard of it or so un-heard of that people dont know who they are. I never expected this albm to be so good for a support act but it was. I listen to it practically every day, my favourite song beeing My Favourite Accident. If i hadnt got this album I would have forgotten who these people were, bt I did so I havent, and now they are my all time favourite band (along with All-Amerwith Nirvana and All American Rejects of course) So buy this album if you like lively rock music and really rocking songs with BEAUTIFUL lyrics
on 25 January 2005
i bought this album having been told it was a fantastic piece of musical brilliance. i was lied to. the songs soud the same, the singing is abysmal, and the keyboard makes you scream. Don't buy this album buy something good instead
on 4 December 2015
Stunning album
on 23 October 2005
This is one of my Favourite Albums of all time. It is a must buy album and it has many catchy songs. It is Rock, Alternative and emo. Here is a song list.
1. Cambridge, not a very good song, worst in the album, very short.
2.Shiver, not the best of songs, id give it a 5 out of 10
3. The Future freaks me out, this is a first class song, 10 ot of 10, one of the best songs i have ever heard
4. Indoor Living, a great song, but future freks me out is better
5.My Favourite Accident, great song, in fact, im listening to it now.
6.Perfect teeth, name seems a bit weird but a good song
7.Boombox Generation, good song but i hardly ever listen to it
8.Capital, I listen to this song to many times, the second best song on the album, 10 out of 10.
All the rest are good song but those ones are the best.
on 9 February 2012
My guilty pleasure strikes again in winning me over with this great album.
Lyrically great and good quality. Its a must buy for a MCS fan.
on 16 July 2003
The debut album from the new kids from Epitaph is one that all pop punk fans will like. I saw these guys on tour with Sugarcult and they were amazing, they got the crowd going with their amazing energy, especially Jesse on his Moog!
This album rightly captures the glowing sound of Motion City Soundtrack and will have you singing along with it's catchy choruses. The single 'The future freaks me out' is a very happy catchy number with Justin's unusual but booming voice which makes you wanna sing along.My favourite songs have to be 'Shiver', 'The future freaks me out','Boombox Generation' and 'Capital h'. 'Boombox Generation' speaks of the subatomic particles of the nation, no idea what that means, but it sounds cool! :-)
It's unusual sound gives it it's own unique place in the world of music. A Moogtastic pop punk band with a cracking debut album. You must buy it if you like to be happy!!!
on 17 January 2004
After seeing MCS supporting Sugarcult and the All American Rejects i knew i had experienced something special. I bought the album "i am the movie" and i was'nt dissapointed. This is my favourite album.
Unlike most album i buy and listen to them over and over for a couple of weeks i have been playing "i am the movie" non stop for about threee months.
The album doesnt have a bad song, but my favourite song is Caphital H. MCS are like no other band so its hard to describe them. Every1 i play the album to love it and i am 100 % possitive you will to.
Propably the best tener ive ever spent.
Give it six months and i bet every man and his dog will of heard of MCS.
on 25 August 2005
What can I say? This album is incredible. A fantastic band to see live, and a fantastic band on CD, from the first track to the last you will be hooked on the great vocals, catchy guitar work and unique keyboard riffs. Its great to see a band with so much potential actually showing what they are capable of. As far as drumming, guitar work and vocals, they are not groundbreaking, but as a unit, they have a unique, interesting and catchy sound. Buy it. Now!
on 2 October 2003
this seriously is one of the most original debut records in a long time and they are as good live as they are on this record! so many of its tracks just jump out at you and burst into your head with such charisma and melody it will leave you humming all day, the future freaks me out, don't call it a come back and my own personal favourite a-ok, this album is not to be missed with the moog keyboards it gives this band something else, this album is worth every single penny!!