To Whom It May Concern
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 May 2003
I am a BIG fan of Elvis, have been since I was a kid. I always wondered what his daughter Lisa Marie would sound like!
When I heard Lights Out and I saw the video I got shivers down my spine, she looks so much like her dad! Her voice is rocky and husky, but not unlike her dads. The words in the song, about her family in Memphis and that's where they're buried and gone, hits home the fact that, Ok she's Elvis' Kid and he died a long time ago, a ROCK LEGEND, but this is HER father whether he was famous or not and this is her way to let the world see how much hurt she has felt at loosing almost all her family.
Give her a chance, it's a great album!!!!!!!
on 9 October 2017
a good find,
on 21 October 2014
as all Lisa Marie Presley albums are it is very good Top rated
on 6 April 2015
Great album. Brilliant t songwriter.
on 17 June 2015
Great thank you
on 4 April 2013
Years before this came out as a life long Elvis fan, who has been to Graceland, I wondered why Lisa hadn't left it relatively late to to give recording a go. I believe she was 35 when this came out, so when it finally happened I wanted this to be so good. I quite liked the single "Lights Out" and it did get some airplay and managed a mid range chart position. In looking down the track listing on the album I was pleased that it there were no covers as that would have been a definate mistake. So in buying it I was looking forward to listening to it. Although artistically the concept is sound, ultimately the album is just too dull and there is nothing memorable about it. So it has languished in the cupboard. I'm not convinced of other reviewers comparisons to Sheryl Crow either.
Sorry Lisa, for having to say I don't rate this album much (I wish I could say otherwise), but you are still honoured for the work you do on behalf of your father (for maintaining his legacy and also for continuing his charitable traditions).
VINE VOICEon 8 April 2003
The most impressive aspect of Lisa Marie Presley's debut album, "To Whom It May Concern," is that her lyrics are blatantly confessional on a scale that makes those of Courtney Love look like Kurt Cobain's widow had taken a vow of silence. From the death of her father when she was 9 years old ("I wish that I had spent just a little more time with you" to her tabloid marriages to Michael Jackson ("You're in some blind elation, a kind of delusion") to Nicholas Cage ("When I turned my back you cut my throat") Lisa Marie lays it out there for the world to see. Such emotional honesty certainly earns our respect, especially in this age of carefully packaged pop princesses and the album's cover shot makes it perfectly clear that nobody ever has to ask Lisa Marie the question, "who's your daddy?"
Unfortunately "To Whom It May Concern" is often as over produced as a Brittney Spears album (remember her?). This is someone surprising given that the album is produced by the likes of Eric Rosse (Tori Amos), Andrew Slatter (Fiona Apple) and Glen Ballard (Alanis Morissette), all of whom have worked with artists who refrain from hiding the vocals behind overwhelming layers of songs. The opening track, "S.O.B." is a perfect example: it starts off with Presley's semi-sultry alto vocals, and then then the band cranks it up big time. You might have to go back and listen to the song again to see if Lisa Marie said what you think she said in that song (yeah, she did). You find the same pattern on "The Road Between," "Important," etc., and you have to conclude that these guys must have thought they were covering up limitations of her voice. That might be a concern when you are doing nothing but singing songs written by someone else (classic example, Paula Abdul), but not when they are your songs. Besides, on "Nobody Noticed It" they dub some nice harmonies that showcase her vocal strengths, albeit buried beneath several layers of sound.
Then again, sometimes the fault is in the music itself. The first single off of this album, "Lights Out," has a perky tune that sounds AM-radio friendly, and it is all about her family "dead and gone" back in Memphis, buried "in the damn back lawn." The problem is that the blistering lyrics are totally mismatched by the aforementioned perky music. Besides, it is not one of the better songs on the album; in fact, it is my least favorite track at this point. Most of the songs are set at angry girl rock tempo, the exception that proves the rule being "So Lovely," a slow song with a slow guitar dancing around the theme from "Midnight Cowboy." The bottom line is that, on balance, Lisa Marie comes out ahead of the game on "To Whom It May Concern," an album which may well be more accessible to those who do not accept the musical divinity of her father. She also has the advantage of not having come up with such a great first album that she has nowhere to go but down, a constant fate in the music business. The big question is now that she has exorcised her demons in song, where does she go from here? The tabloids can dissect Michael Jackson and report Elvis sightings for the rest of her life, but Lisa Marie is going to have to move on. This album opens her to new possibilities for doing so.
on 29 October 2008
Like most previous reviewers, I bought this out of curiousity. I am a big fan of the King and thought that I should buy this out of respect for Lisa-Marie, who has big shoes to fill and a lot at stake if she fails. 'Light's On' is a good gutsy pop song and deserved a charting and 'So Lovely' is subtly delivered, showing that she can operate on different levels, but the rest left me confused. The voice is just ok and the production (given the calibre of producers on this album) is not good. Her voice is husky and in some places I struggle to hear the lyrics. The remainder of the songs are just mediocre. I'm sorry to all other reviewers who gave this a good rating, but I just don't see it. It is just a mediocre album from a very average singer. I applaud her for the effort. it must have been daunting (hence, the 2 stars).