on 17 February 2014
Pros:
- Has a grip handle (but it is metal, not a rubber grip)
- Has a cap for protection
- Easily replaceable blades
- Solid and strong, doesn't feel cheap, you can trust it not to snap in half!
- Does just the job.

Cons:
- Rounded style means it is prone to roll off a desk (and maybe stab yourself in the leg)
- Lid isn't VERY secure, I am worried I may reach into my pencil case and stab myself.
- When working with hot (or sweaty) hands it is a little more slippery than other rubber or plastic knives.
on 13 June 2013
I had an X-Acto knife for many years. I've tried a couple of cheaper alternatives, but getting hold of a new one like this knocks the cheapo ones out of the water. Excellent quality, sensible safety cap, it's great.
on 3 June 2014
I bought this knife to sharpen my pencils and pastels, as most pencil sharpeners aren't suitable for artistic pencils, and not recommended. After searching for a suitable knife, I chose this one because of the safety cap included in the pack. Refill blades are also available as a separate item. Very pleased with it!
on 20 March 2016
I can't fault this at all for cutting detail. I used this to cut both thick and thin EVA foam and was pleased with the ease of use. The round body and hatched texture makes using it for finer detail much easier. The assembly holds the blade firmly in place so there's no worry about the blades coming loose. I keep a few different handles at the same time to keep a selection of blades to hand, but as they are also very fast to replace when needed, this is probably just laziness on my part! There are a whole host of different blades available which are all compatible with this, I use it regularly for creating EVA cosplay armor and there is always a blade for the job. The safety cap also snaps on well, so no need to worry about it coming off during storage and reaching into a drawer with a nasty surprise! I have never seen these with a mark of rust on them and the blades can also withstand a good bit of pressure. I wouldn't buy anything else for a craft or hobby knife where detail and accuracy is essential. replacement blades are available at a very low cost for this!
on 22 August 2013
SHARP, OF COURSE; BUT IT'S AN EDGE THAT LASTS AND LASTS. HAVE USED FOR ALL PURPOSES IMAGINABLE AND COULD'NT RECOMMEND MORE.
on 9 April 2015
It cuts great at first but then after a few cuts I have to go over the lines a few time to make sure it goes through the card. The blade is removable for new blades to go in but I found that the twist mechanism is coming loose easily and I have to constantly tighten it. Not so much a bug bear if like me you only do the odd crafting. But for a professional card maker it could become annoying. Also the grip is metal not rubber like I thought.
I've tried a lot of different knives, but the X-Acto has to be the best. There are a lot out there that try and copy this knife (they're the ones where the handle comes unscrewed easily) but they just can't match the quality.

The blades that come with it last a long time - far better than others I've tried.

I use the knife on card and the wight and sharpness is perfect.
on 5 November 2015
I was surprised to find there were no replacement blades that came with this. I was only using this knife for book paper and it became blunt within the first hour of using it, it is also uncomfortable to hold if using it for long periods of time or with precision. I've used better knives for a cheaper price. If the blade stayed sharp, I'd be giving this 3 or 4 starts
on 7 December 2014
I bought a very well known craft knife recently and when I came to use my matting tool I found that the edge of the knife stopped the blade from cutting the card in the right place. I have gone back to my X-acto, This the second of these knives I've had, I gave the first one to my daughter when I bought the well known brand, I'll knoe better nest time.
on 24 March 2013
Very good craft knife.

The blade that comes with it is so strong and withstanding. It's a shame that the same can't be said for the replacement blades.

See one answered question