Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 12 February 2004
I recently purchased this dvd from amazon. I was really excited and watched it the instant it arrived! I had this huge grin on my face from start to finish, doing the routine made me feel really good about myself and lifted my mood. The instructor speaks clearly and demonstrates the moves really well. The instructions are greatly helped by the fact that the camera covers the moves from various angles.
As far as I'm concerned there are two things wrong with this dvd. Firstly, the workout is demonstrated in instalments and in between the instalments we are shown the instrutor dancing in a park with a voice over of the history and tradition behind belly dancing. I found this frustrating as it prevented the routine from flowing from one move to another, because of the interruptions. Secondly, I didn't like the instructors choice of words when demonstrating particular moves. For example, during one of the moves she tells viewers to "imagine a tampon or pencil stuck up your vagina"!!! Two things here - a tampon, yes but a pencil???? and secondly what are men supposed to imagine because, as the instructor points out, belly dancing is practised by men too.
Anyway, maybe I'm just 'nit-picking' but I thought I should highlight these points. All in all I had great fun watching and learning from this dvd and thats the main thing.
on 11 September 2004
This dvd is good for looking at costumes and if you want to learn a little about the history of middle eastern dance. The woman is an ex ballet dancer which is a very 'stiff' and 'strict' and 'good toes/naughty toes' kind of dancing and this doesn't translate very well to belly dancing which is free & improvised. Her strict ballet training is evident in her methods and her attempt at choreographing a belly dancing routine poor. As a professional dancer, I would suggest you use this dvd only for looking at individual basic starting moves, which she seems to do quite well, but feel free to improvise your own dancing to music.
on 2 January 2011
My husband is turkish and i purchased this dvd for a freind.It turned out to be the worst dvd on belly dancing i have ever viewed.The lady teaching the dance looks and sounds quite ridiculous.I know this sounds harsh but it was more like a comedy routine instead of a belly dancing lesson.truly awful...1 star award is being kind
on 16 May 2015
Arrived on time product ais as described of a good quality and servers the purpose brought for
on 11 March 2015