Flick Of The Switch
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 August 2010
I first saw AC/DC in 1977 and have been hooked ever since. I am also of the school that thinks AC/DC lost alot of humour and personality the day Bon Scott died. As such a lot of the 80s albums passed me by. I remember being particularly dissapointed with this album when it came out. I listened to it a few times when it first came out but for the last 25 years it has just gathered dust.

In 2010 I have decided to replace all my old AC/DC records with CDs and am currently listen through them in order. I was not looking forward to puting this one in the player I must admit. Rather like taking medicine that tatstes bad you just have to grit your teeth and get it over with.

From the moment Rising Power started to the last chords of Brain Shake it blew my socks off. I can't believe I didn't used to like this album.It has power and a collection of cracking songs. I suggest anyone who like me has written this off as a bad album dig it out and give it another go. This will easily stand like Back in Black as a classic of the post Bon Scott era. Let's hope Blow up your Video has got better with time as well.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2018
My favourite post BIB CD. Very heavy and live sounding. Great riffs and songs too. Recommended
on 12 September 2015
Better than I remembered and holds up well compared to the later AC/DC output. Although not a classic it's pretty solid and the band are on fine form throughout. No bad tracks and some very good ones (Nervous Shakedown, Rising Power, Guns for Hire).
on 15 February 2014
Not one of the great AC/DC albums, as they were going through a less creative period with each album after Back In Black being similar to it. Don't get me wrong there's some great stuff on here & you won't regret buying it, but I think there's better AC/DC albums out there.
on 17 January 2018
AC/DC = great music.
on 12 February 2016
This album is not a well known album but is worth having in your collection, brain shake is a classic tune.
on 14 June 2017
One underrated album
on 14 December 2016
You got to be a fan. It's not vintage ACDC.
on 18 December 2016
Great service, very happy, thanks.
on 11 June 2013
Possibly a slightly overlooked recording but still a great record . My only complaint was the disc was a mess , no scratches it played fine but it doesn't cost anything to give it a quick wipe before mailing !!