on 14 June 2017
Gives me that warm feeling I got when I fell in love with music as a young teenager in the early seventies. Every song is a hook filled gem , often oblique vignettes that invite you to complete the stories for yourself. A couple of songs veer a little too far towards Oasis territor and "Hung up on You" is a dead ringer for Gram Parsons ( in a good way) but I wouldn't be without any of them.
The only misstep, and the reason some might find the album overlong , I think , is the placing of the lovely "Fire Island " at track 12. It feels like a conclusion and gives the remaining songs a tacked-on feel. Have a go at sequencing it yourself ,I'd like to see any suggestions.
on 15 June 2007
A lot of people talk about FOW's power pop/rock and for sure a number of tracks here fall into that category and they are fantastic. But what strikes me about this CD is how much variety there is on it. If all you want is power pop/rock you'll be disappointed, if you want power pop/rock, country, slow or medium paced ballads, striking melodies, rhythms, arrangements and not a dud track in sight, then this is for you !
One person found this helpful
on 22 March 2018
This album is much more sophisticated than one might think...
on 12 May 2016
Always listenable, simple but classy music.
on 21 November 2013
A pal did me a compilation CD some time ago and I was surprised how little air play they had received over here. They are a clever team of writer/musicians. As for Stacey's mum, a great video and a great song. I just like this lot.
on 21 June 2015
Stacey's mom is my favourite on this album. Good to have this.
on 6 September 2016
5 stars
on 25 May 2014
I bought this album because I enjoyed listening to the song 'Stacy's Mom'.

Along with Wheatus, Fountains of Wayne were part of the slightly 'dweeby' but irresistible teen Americana of the early noughties. If you loved 'Teenage Dirtbag', you'll probably be humming along to this album...
on 14 October 2015
Delivered promptly. Very pleased with purchase
on 14 May 2014
Sweet and sardonic - that's OK with me. I'm amazed at the seemingly inexhaustible supply of hooks and quips these guys possess.