on 23 October 2013
watching it, i was surprised just how quickly it got under my skin.
Jessica and Hugh play their parts perfectly and so, so naturally.
A truly beautiful happening that re-affirms one's faith in the sheer
niceness of true love. One only wishes that some of it would rub
off .....on one's own life for example ,
on 12 August 2017
Good and well discribed American life of 30's. The romantic and sentimental feeling dominated along of movie. Good movie and good history. Congratulations.
on 19 July 2017
What a good film, I loved it.
on 3 November 2017
A different way of life
on 27 May 2017
good & on time
on 28 January 2015
I like historic drama and this is a favorite of mine. To all who like drama.
on 4 February 2014
when I first watched the movie on a downloaded copy. I was young and thought I was watching Jessica's tits.....now I realise that when the tits are shown her face is not, so I guess its stunt tits. lol. any ways, work great, worth buying. recommend.
on 9 June 2014
I watched this film yesterday and it was a perfect film for a lazy sunny Sunday afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed this and was captivated by Hugh Dancy he is a delight to watch as John Truscott. Jessica Alba does what she does best which is basically look pretty while being stubborn and sassy. This is a film I'd happily watch again and again. It's not going to change the world but it does make you think and is very enjoyable a really lovely good old fashioned film with a happy ending.
on 4 June 2004
This movie is set in Sarawak in the 30's, and being from around this area, i can see how close to the truth it is! Although Alba is of a hispanic mix, she plays the character of an Iban girl very well, including the accent! Dancy is also..*ahem* yummy and really knows how to play the naive Englishman! I recomend this movie to all who enjoy love stories like this. Definately a ladies movie!
0Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 March 2013
Who should tell us how to behave and what is right? Old English colloquial standards set the scene here of adultery and deceit but through it all comes true love and romance of a forbidden young couple. If you like romance then you will like this film.