Price:£82.62+ Free shipping

on 18 August 2004
We purchase the EVA SOLO stand to hold our set of eleven Global knives. It is much more compact than Global's own offering (which only holds eight knives) and it's at under a third of the Global price. The Natural anodized aluminium finish is tough and very easy to keep clean. The semi-rigid plastic inserts keep the knives apart and can be remove for cleaning. The extruded aluminium body is mounted on a semi-rigid plastic base which prevents your worktop from being scratched. It is sturdy and holds all the knives efficiently with rooms to spare. The EVA SOLO stand will make a stylish addition to any modern kitchens for cooks who need something practical and elegant.
11 Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 December 2004
This ingeniously-designed knife block is able to store not only knives but also scissors, peelers, skewers and any other pointed kitchen utensils that you want to keep out of the way of little hands. The angled version sits well on the kitchen worktop and is both stylish *and* easy to keep clean and the flexible folded inner has a much greater capacity than run-of-the-mill wooden blocks.
on 12 May 2010
As usual, I did the rounds of retailers and online before parting with hard earned cash. My initial hesitation on this item was due entirely to the fairly hefty price tag. I did take the plunge and was not disappointed. It is unmatched in the fact that it will take any size knives in any combination. I have never liked the sets that provide "block with knives", preferring to collect knives from various sources for specific tasks. This block is ideal for bring your collection together. Sits nicely and solidly on the work top, is compact and looks understatedly good. More importantly does the job. Removable insert is a real plus. I hate to think of the state of the insides of some knife blocks without this feature.
on 14 December 2016
Expensive, but the best knife block I've ever had, totally worth it and I couldn't find anything else similar. Very compact, yet fits all of my large and random knife collection superbly, from very long to very short. Can see all the handles easily, no searching around for the one I want. Taking them in and out is very convenient. Only criticism is knives with a thin or tapered bolster (like global) can slip inside the leaves, but they never drop down completely. Slots are all in theory the same size but some end up wider than others, I juts place my thinner knives in the thinner slots that are slightly compressed.
on 8 February 2009
I bought this as a present for my daughter who has a small kitchen. It looks good and doesn't take up a lot of worktop space. Advantage over other blocks is that it can hold any assortment of knives, rather than a standard set.
on 12 October 2010
I've had this knife block for quite some time now and it looks as good today as the day I bought it. Literally. I don't think there's a mark on it. The rubber insert is easily washable, so it's practical as well as good looking.
on 10 September 2013
This is a great piece of design; IMHO it's up there with the Alessi lemon squeezer and the Microplane grater in the world of well thought out kitchen kit. It does a great job of storing knives with maximum flexibility; it's allowed the contents of two tatty wooden blocks to be safely consolidated into one sleek, sexy receptacle. Trouble is that my collection of knives now look a bit old and worn-out :- [
on 12 September 2012
I had been looking for a knife stand for ages. this one is great. I put 4* rather than 5 because it's not as pretty as I had hoped and it's a bit bulkier than I expected. That said, it fits quite a few knives, the inserts are washable and this stand is more practical than many out there. I would recommend this product.
on 20 March 2014
Such an esthetically beautiful product which works so well. I love that you can stick any kitchen utensil in it. Makes sense. Also I have wider Chinese kitchen knives which fit too. (not the widest, and I don't expect a Western product to cater to traditional Chinese knives) . A well made product. Would strongly recommend. Yes, it is quite expensive, but there is nothing similar. Hate those knife blocks only for specific knives.
on 16 August 2014
I was dubious at first because I wanted a wooden block but my Wife wanted it to fit in with the colour scheme of 'Her' kitchen. Having had it for over a year and used it extensively I like it. My meat cleaver did not fit so I glued some super magnets on the back to hold that and it works a treat.