on 7 June 2009
I've always had problems with the small type of in ear headphones because the left one constantly falls out. With these the clips keep the them in even when jogging, there's enough spring in them to cope with a variety of ear sizes.

This is my second pair. Nothing to do with build quality you understand; I just have a bad habit of leaving stuff in my gym kit pockets which ends up in the washing machine (the originals survived two washes but the right side finally gave up after the third).

So great fit and sturdy. What more could you ask for?
on 24 November 2009
I had a big problem with other earphones falling out of my ears, so I decided to try a pair of these. They're actually more comfortable than I expected, though a little tricky to put on. The sound quality is good, and they stay securely in my ears even whilst running. There is no volume control on the cord or anything particularly fancy about them, but for the price I think they're good value. I'd happily recommmend them.
on 28 August 2011
I can't remember how many pairs of these headphones I have now purchased. I have a problem with in-ear headphones as they start to irritate my ear canal or hurt after I have used them for a while.

These sit over the ear and rest against the canal, so they don't rely on the ear itself to retain them - so they are incredibly comfortable, even after long periods of use.

I've tried many types - even the more expensive models from Sony, but these are the best.

And very cheap!!
on 27 March 2012
Bought specifically for jogging. Slightly disappointed as they are a bit loose and fall out quite easily. Might have to mess around with the wires etc to try and sort it. Sound quality good.
on 28 November 2011
I have found these ear phones to be of a large, bulky and uncomfortable design. They would not stay on/in my ears and the sound seemed to be miss directed. I would not recommend them.
on 13 October 2009
I have previously had a pair of these over ear headphones and was very pleased with them. Unfortunately they did not withstand my standing on them. The internet price was very competitive and the delivery excellent. I particularly like the way the ear piece is retained by the clips without causing discomfort. They remain in position even when bending down. I can't judge the sound quality compared with alternatives but for me they do the job really well.
on 7 August 2009
I needed a set of earphones for my iPod Clasic Black - and these simply fit the bill. Alas - they don't quite manage to fit into the latex "armour" I have protecting th 'pod - but they work well, stay in/on ones ears OK and have a good sound definition (not sure about the bass notes; I tend to play with more treble so as to hear the melody better). A good priced item that looks the part - and matches the black!!!
on 13 January 2013
Such a shame. To replace my JVC HA-EB75s which had developed a cable fault, I bought these Sony headphones for running, given the positive reviews on here. I liked the look of them and found them quite comfortable; the oversized earband initially sat nicely around my ear and held the earphone in place. But as soon as I left for my first run I realised they were trouble. The band is too far from the phone, meaning there is a lot of room for them to move as you do. Not enough to fall off, but the phone falls out of the ear canal, and then sometimes back in so you get a strobing effect. To compensate you have to increase the volume, but this is then too loud when it falls back in again.

The sound quality itself is also poor, again despite other reviews. It is tinny with very high treble, useless for both electronic and especially guitar-based music, as well as spoken word. And when the headphones are continually just outside your ears, it sounds like someone else's music.

Sorry, Mr Sony, your ears are too wrong for me.
on 24 January 2011
This one gives excellent performance with low cost. Good model for those who wish to spend low and to have a good performance.
on 19 March 2013
This is my second buy, after I lost the first on a train (careless!).
My ears are relatively small and I like these headphone coz they don't hurt my ears - unlike the type which fit INTO the ears, these sit on top of the ear. Also the sound is directed not straight into the ear but at right angles - so I can turn up the volume quite high and still rest assured that no damage will result to my hearing!
Additionally, the attachment of the cables to the headphone body is sturdy, and doesn't come undone at the slightest accidental tug.
The sound quality is not of the highest, but still better than most other headphones of comparable price.
Full marks on all counts!

See one answered question