Customer reviews

Take Me To Your Leader
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 July 2012
King Geedorah is without doubt my favorite MF Doom alter ego.

This album is perfect on so many different levels. It's high concept, it's artwork, the numerous guest stars (especially Mr Fantastic on Anti Matter) and of course the genius rhymes.

From the opening line, the simple statement "King Geedorah - take me me to your leader!" to the very end, this is a fine piece of work. Funny and politically relevant in equal doses. Standouts include the opening track, Fast Lane (great samples), the high speed dueling between Doom and Mr Fantastic on Anti Matter and the highly emotional I Wonder (you gotta love Hassan Chop's style).

I love this record and would highly recommend it to any curmudgeons who have lost faith in modern hip hop.
on 22 November 2017
brilliant
on 27 August 2017
Great quality and speedy delivery. One of Dumile's finest works! Red vinyl is awesome and couldn't be happier with the condition it arrived in.
on 8 June 2003
If you like KMD or MF Doom you will like this, the man formerly known as Zev Love X's latest take on hip hop.
And this time he's coming down from outer space to give us an alien view on our world and our hip hop.
It will, of course, be compared to fellow freestyle lyrical genius Kool Keith's Dr Octagon album, but it stands up to these comparisons. Only from a quality perspective though, musically and lyrically they are worlds, quite literally, apart.
If you like hip hop, or just experimental music in general, you will love this. If you think you hate hip hop, because you're used to Jay-Z and P Diddy, buy this and find salvation.
Another overwhelming success for Big Dada, living up to their own high standards.
on 14 January 2004
zev luv x has done it again, the king of hip-hop has brought another masterpiece out, this is another of his alter-egos with king geedorah being a 500ft tall 3 headed dragon who can only communicate with humans through mf doom(zev luv), sounds crazy but it is genius and the finest hip hop comes out, no bling bling nelly crap , true hip-hop sometimes minimal beats over scrambling lyrics perfect from start to finish, this is for underground true hip hop heads
on 27 July 2016
This vinyl version is a gatefold and has 2 records not one. Comes with red inner sleeves, its the original 2003 big dada release. I could have done with all this info before I bought it.
on 27 April 2006
This is a truly Groundbreaking CD. Using scifi beats DOOM weaves another masterpiece. The kind of album which grows on you every time you listen to it. This is not for fans of the studio gangster crap. TRUE HIPHOP HEADZ ONLY!!!!
on 11 October 2007
I really don't like reviewing other peoples stuff. In my opinion artistes and whoever can do whatever they want to do without me having to pick it apart giving my stupid opinion about it. Once it's made it's out there and my little review won't do a damn difference anyhow. I like listening to music though, and have many times found the reviews here at Amazon helpfull when I want to buy something I don't now beforehand, and I have gotten many good cd's, books and dvd's reading them.

This cd is really great in so many ways. It's not the kind of music I put on and sit down and listen thoroughly to, neither would it be something I would put on and play really loud, its just some really cool, intelligent music which gets better all the time. The beats and samples are always surprising and goes in all kind of unexpected different directions. The lyrics are non-pretentious and somehow kind of lazy and downtempo. I listen to it while cooking and doing other stuff... and it's released on a really cool English label... and the name "Take me to your leader" is totally awesome, I'm really into that whole space thing... and the album cover is the coolest I own. If nothing else you can buy it just to have the cover lying around to impress your friends. Maybe some day you will pick it up and say "guess I will try to listen to this great looking cd", and you will be like "that's a really good cd".
on 8 April 2010
The 5 staar system is really poor... ideally I would have given this 3 and a half, my reason being that it is not an essential DOOM (or MF Doom, whatever name he goes by nowadays) purchase. Compared to horrible commercialised rap, like what Jay Z and Lil wayne are putting out nowadays, the production lyrics and Dooms sick sense of humour on this album seem incredibly fresh, but next to records like Madvillainy and Viktor Vaughn or even Danger Doom it just doesn't compare. If you have never heard Doom go look those up instead and if you own those there is no need to get this unless you absolutely need to collect every single bit of output of his.
on 7 December 2015
"RENDER UNTO GEEDORAH WHAT'S IS GEEDORAH'S!! "