Customer reviews

Joshua's Heart [1990] [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 5 December 2011
this is my fave film of all time was really pleased ti get this on dvd hopefully will be able to get on blu ray soon. this movie pulled on my heart strings as it reminded me of a similar situation i was in. i miss my lil lad like the character does in this movie. i would recomend this film to everyone
VINE VOICEon 21 April 2007
This is not normally the sort of movie I like to watch - I usually prefer horror movies or sometimes a comedy - but I was bored one afternoon and Joshua's heart was just starting on True Movies so I decided to give it a chance - and to my surprise, I loved it! The charactors are really well developed and the movie really makes you feel for them especially for ten-year-old Joshua and his fathers' girlfriend, Claudia.

Joshua is a ten-year-old-boy who just wants to be loved - he is an only child without many friends, his mother doesn't live with him any more and his dad is always away - his only real friend is his dog. His dad has a new girlfriend every few months and Claudia is the lastest one. Joshua is used to his dads fickle interest in woman and is saddened by the fact that they never seem bother about him. But Claudia is different, she really likes Joshua and over a period of serveral months the two become close and grow to love each other very much. Unfortunatly, Joshua's father looses interest in Claudia and her and Joshua are seperated.

Joshua desperatly wants to be with Claudia - the first person that has really cared for him - but his father has a new girlfriend and his mother movies back into town. Claudia is also heartbroken over the loss.

I would highly recomend this movie it is very good and has a good happy-yet-sad ending.
on 1 May 2012
A really lovely movie, a real tearjerker. This was one of the best roles I have seen Melissa Gilbert in. A very well acted movie with a great storyline. The actor who played the little boy was excellent. What a shame that Melissa Gilbert had all that plastic surgery. I think she looked better before. In this movie she looked like herself unlike in some of the very latest movies where she is almost unrecognisable. This would be my favourite of all her movie roles.
on 10 February 2011
I really enjoyed this film.I love the characters and the actors, especially Tim Matheson and Melissa Gilbert - very good.
on 2 August 2014