on 3 July 2017
Quality CD
on 19 September 2017
the plastic box was a bit dirty but cd and all was ok so I guess that's all I could hope for, nice one
on 24 November 2015
Excellent quality
on 9 September 2017
Brilliant
on 21 March 2014
Prompt delivery, and enjoying listening to this over and over again. Completely satisfied with my purchase. Would recommend this to my friends.
on 28 November 2006
remember back in 2003 when 'bring me to life' was never off the radio but you still loved it well this album will take you back to that time. Every song on this album is great and is relistenable. From strong rock to melodic tunes this has it all. In hindsight, listening to their new effort 'the open door' you realise how great this album is. it has a pace and a drive 'the open door' doesn't have. the song are different from each other so you want to keep listening you never know what the next track will be like.

i would recommend this to anyone. i got this in 2003 and it has been a firm favourite in my CD player ever since
on 10 May 2004
Like so many others, I bought this CD on the back of Bring Me To Life and Going Under. Unfortunately, these are the best tracks on the CD and they are done and dusted right at the beginning.
Amy Lee does have a good voice and she can carry these two songs. They rattle off a few ballads to show their "rock" credentials, but they're a bit samey. In fact there is little variation on the whole album. With little skill in the music playing, the tracks all start to sound the same.
When I first got this CD I put it on, set to replay. After a while, I didn't notice it was still on and was surprised that 2 hours had gone by when I went to switch it off - the tracks are so similar. And that is the problem when a band relies solely on a single strong vocal, 3 minute "air-time formula" tracks, no significant instrumental breaks and mediocre, self-centred lyrics. Amy, the world is not out to get you......... if it was it would have done so by now.
They should look back throughout rock history and take note - not every track you make has to be suitable for playing on middle of the road radio stations or TV music channels! Just because the corporate suits say they can't make a 4, 5 or even a 9 minute video, doesn't mean that you should roll out uniform pop length songs.
A bit more rebellion and some innovative musicians wouldn't go amiss here. Maybe they can grow with time.
on 18 May 2003
Onh my God! I bought this album three days ago after hearing Bring me to Life on the radio and was blown away as soon as I put it in the CD player in the car, in fact it's been transferred to the CD player in the office, the car and the house. About the only time it hasn't been on is when I've been sleeping :)
So what can I say? This isn't my usual musical bag but there's just something about Amy Lee's voice that makes me tingle every time I hear it. I'd like to say that there's at least one filler track on this disc but I can't - every one is a gem, were I forced to choose then at the moment I'd have to count "Everybody's Fool" and "My Immortal" as my favourites but it seems to change whenever I listen to the disc. The nu-metal bass line, Amy Lee's haunting vocals, classical strings and power guitar riffs combine to make this a serious contender for a top spot in my CD collection for years to come. How the hell Evanescence haven't had a major record label snap them up before now is anyone's guess - all I can say is thank God for Daredevil :)
Buy this album, buy it now, you will *not* be sorry.
on 22 July 2017
Truly excellent cd,vocally perfect and musically hard hitting.On a personal note the lass singing blew me away with her look,absolutely stunning with the cross gypsy goth type thing going on,beats the chavvy track suit wearing she devils round my way,cant recommend this enough
on 20 November 2006
Evanescence's debut studio album `Fallen' opens with the aggressive rock track `Going Under'. This song's pure determination is driven by Lee's emotion combined with chugging guitar riffs. This powerful opener leads into debut single `Bring Me to Life'. A delicate piano intro creates a solemn atmosphere which ultimately gets torn apart by the band's trademark gothic intensity. Paul McCoy's contribution gives this song a nu metal flavour. To contrast this explosive start are the ballads of the record. The despairing `My Immortal' captivates via Lee's haunting voice interplaying with a sorrowful piano melody. The piano is also prominent in `Hello', a chilling portrayal of a child's mind which unsettles as Lee solemnly delivers a beautiful vocal performance. The two heavier tracks on Fallen are the anguished centerpiece `Tourniquet' which soars to a more spiritual level and the imposing `Haunted' with Moody's superb guitar work overlapping an eerie choir. In `Everybody's Fool' a different underlying theme is conveyed. Lee attacks the celebrities we idolise today by venting anger through her art. The Millennium Choir adds gothic depth to her message.

Evanescence eventually slips into a dream world of paper flowers and candy clouds in the enchanting `Imaginary'. Wonderful lyrics linger over a hopeful melody resulting in a pleasant escape from the surrounding darkness. This escapism doesn't last long however as lost love and obsession consume in the heavy, passionate `Taking Over Me'.

The album begins to close with the poignant `My Last Breath' where Lee declares acceptance of death. Following this acceptance, a grand finale occurs in the cataclysmic `Whisper'. As Fallen fades away with haunting Latin vocals, take a deep breath and reflect on this emotional masterpiece. A+