on 23 June 2004
I first heard motion city soundtrack last year when i went to see all american rejecys and i thought they were amazing so you can imagine my delight when i found out they were also touring with blink 182 woooo!
The album is great and has very beautiful lyrics....Of course the song that stands out most is 'The future freaks me out' but the whole album is amazing ...GO BUY IT!
on 29 November 2003
I saw this band in London with the All-American Rejects and loved them. Their album has a new feel about it. It has an interesting concept with adding the moog! I love this album and my favourite tracks have to be 'The future freaks me out' and 'capital h'. I would highly reccomend this album. It is one of the best debut albums I have heard in a long time!!!
on 8 February 2004
I never heard these guys until I went to see them support Blink 182 in Manchester last night (7/4/04). I have to admit, their tunes are unique and fun to listen to. So much energy both in their music and their stage presence. I'm not the biggest fan of punk, but they are well worth listening to if you are more of a fan than I am.
on 16 July 2003
The debut album from the new kids from Epitaph is one that all pop punk fans will like. I saw these guys on tour with Sugarcult and they were amazing, they got the crowd going with their amazing energy, especially Jesse on his Moog!
This album rightly captures the glowing sound of Motion City Soundtrack and will have you singing along with it's catchy choruses. The single 'The future freaks me out' is a very happy catchy number with Justin's unusual but booming voice which makes you wanna sing along.My favourite songs have to be 'Shiver', 'The future freaks me out','Boombox Generation' and 'Capital h'. 'Boombox Generation' speaks of the subatomic particles of the nation, no idea what that means, but it sounds cool! :-)
It's unusual sound gives it it's own unique place in the world of music. A Moogtastic pop punk band with a cracking debut album. You must buy it if you like to be happy!!!
on 17 January 2004
After seeing MCS supporting Sugarcult and the All American Rejects i knew i had experienced something special. I bought the album "i am the movie" and i was'nt dissapointed. This is my favourite album.
Unlike most album i buy and listen to them over and over for a couple of weeks i have been playing "i am the movie" non stop for about threee months.
The album doesnt have a bad song, but my favourite song is Caphital H. MCS are like no other band so its hard to describe them. Every1 i play the album to love it and i am 100 % possitive you will to.
Propably the best tener ive ever spent.
Give it six months and i bet every man and his dog will of heard of MCS.
on 18 July 2003
I saw these guys supporting Sugarcult in Manchester last month, and they were amazing. I immediately bought their album and I wasn't disappointed. Fun songs with fantastic lyrics and brilliant music. And a Moog in a rock band never hurt anyone. But it's easily one of the best albums of the year, as well as them being one of the most talented, energetic and enthusiastic live bands that I've ever seen. Buy the album and if you don't fall in love with it, then you haven't lost much, have you?
on 2 October 2003
this seriously is one of the most original debut records in a long time and they are as good live as they are on this record! so many of its tracks just jump out at you and burst into your head with such charisma and melody it will leave you humming all day, the future freaks me out, don't call it a come back and my own personal favourite a-ok, this album is not to be missed with the moog keyboards it gives this band something else, this album is worth every single penny!!
on 25 August 2005
What can I say? This album is incredible. A fantastic band to see live, and a fantastic band on CD, from the first track to the last you will be hooked on the great vocals, catchy guitar work and unique keyboard riffs. Its great to see a band with so much potential actually showing what they are capable of. As far as drumming, guitar work and vocals, they are not groundbreaking, but as a unit, they have a unique, interesting and catchy sound. Buy it. Now!
on 11 December 2003
After seeing MCS at All American Rejects in London, i went straight to the Merchandise booth and picked up this CD! After their great performance, i knew i wouldn't be dissapointed with this album. And I wasn't! My favorite songs on the disc are 'Perfect Teeth' 'Capital H' , and the new single, 'The Future Freaks Me Out'. Well worth buying, a bargin for the price! Buy, Listen, Understand, Enjoy!
on 5 February 2004
Unlike the other reviews I got into MCS around 8 months ago, and they truly do rock, although the stuff on this album is slightly more "poppy" than the stuff found on the Back to the Beat EP (now OOP) it still has the basic concept --- Moog rocks :D