on 22 September 2016
I am very happy with this pressure cooker, it is very safe, quiet, cooks the food very quickly keeping the nutrients in the food (as very little water and quick cooking). However, I want to share my experience with other potential clients.I read a review of a client who was disappointed and complained that the valve cap on the lid needs to be lifted with hand otherwise all the steam generated starts escaping.
I had exactly the same problem. I called the company (in the UK) and they spotted the problem straight away. Actually NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE COOKER, I just had to lift the black valve cap to the level of the 2 red lines with one hand, with the other hand, I had to screw the valve properly (it was only unscrewed). I want to make it right as I found unfair that the Kuhn Rikon Company got a negative feedback because the top valve was just unscrewed. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this pressure cooker and thanks for Kuhn Rikon Company who solved this problem very quickly.
on 14 December 2011
The pressure cooker arrived exactly when expected and I am absolutely delighted with it. The quality is definitely as described and it works a dream. It has been in use every day since it arrived. The only thing that confuses me a little with regard to the cookbook I bought at the same time "Pressure Perfect is that Lorna Sass doesn't mention two levels of pressure, which this cooker has. But the instruction booklet is very good and so is the booklet with recipes.

I highly recommend this pressure cooker and am really glad I decided on a good quality PC.
on 28 November 2012
We've had several other leading brands of pressure cookers over a 30 year period and this one performs the best by far. Very quick and extremely quite compared to others. Works well on our induction hob. It's stainless steal and cleans beautifully.
We would recommend this to anyone and would consider buying this as a gift for family and friends.
It is more expensive than other brands but you get what you pay for and we feel it's worth the extra cost.
on 13 June 2014
I love this pressure cooker. I've had it for a few months now and although it was frighteningly expensive I now consider it totally essential and it is in almost daily use. Its much much quicker and easier to cook almost anything in this pressure cooker. Its totally easy to use and very good looking. I was a bit concerned I'd only be using it now and then for cooking chickpeas etc. but actually its good for anything you might ordinarily cook in a saucepan - but super speedy. I especially like the fact that it is very quiet and that it doesn't have a long handle so I can store it on a pan rack easily. I cook daily for a family of 6 and a 6 litre model is good for us - however if I wanted to cook larger quantities to freeze I could really do with an 8 litre pan. At first you have to look up timings for everything but you soon get a feel for how long things will take and I am no longer needing to check the booklet. Its so easy to reduce the pressure by pushing down the vent that you can easily check your cooking and then add a few more minutes if needed. Very happy customer.
on 3 December 2016
It looks and feels like a very well made piece of kit, not the cheapest but I only wanted to buy one, so I went for quality. I was tempted by the multicooker types but there's nothing to go wrong on this, apart from the seal (which will eventually need to be replaced as do all seals). At 3.5Kg it's surprisingly light. It looks like I'll be able to hand it on to one of my children, it's that well built.
on 30 December 2016
Another EXCELLENT product sold by Amazon. We had a very old pressure cooker that had seen better days and we decided to invest in a more modern cooker. Chose Kuhn Rikon as the descriptor oozed quality! When the cooker arrived it was even better than we had expected! When under pressure, there is hardly any steam noise coming from it and, combined with our Siemens Induction Hob, the veg are cooked in less than 6 minutes!

Would we buy this cooker again? Most definitely!
on 20 November 2013
Where do I start, it's easy to use, is very quiet, creates hardly any condensation and the food is cooked to perfection. I have recomended to several people who've also purchased one and they are just a pleased as I am. The 8.0 L is great for a larger family or bulk cooking for freezing.
on 8 August 2014
Just cooked my first Stew in this and boy was it tasty . no liquid leaks while cooking , no steam escaping while cooking , and when I pressed down on top knob to release the pressure after it was cooked the steam came out slowly and not at force so very pleased with this pressure cooker and YES I would recommend it to others .
on 13 June 2016
Omg, the best pressure cooker you can buy. Really really good, works at it should. Everyone who comes in our house keep asking what is it ? Pressure cooker, no way don't look like anything they see before.
So much low noise or should I dare say no noise at all when in pressure. So go and buy one if u can afford it and want a pressure cooker.
on 11 November 2016
I use this to steam multiple items in stackable pots (Indian style pots or "tapala" with loose flat covers). It is quick and releases very low levels of steam. I also use it to cook "one pot food" for lunch each morning. It's all done in 20 minutes, and as long as you wash the pot out immediately, there is no intensive cleaning required. All in all, its worth the money for the time it saves me each day.