Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 April 2005
If like me you were a little put off by the fact that people say Simple Plan sound like Busted don't be. Unlike Busted, Simple Plan can actually perform live, a skill Busted did not possess. Okay, admittedly Simple Plan do sound a little like Busted on some of their songs but don't let this put you off their album. It is really good, it manages to have depressing lyrics that sound happy - apart from Perfect thats a bit sad. Some of their songs have no meaning what so ever but they're all really catchy, especially American Jesus even if it isn't actually their song.
Simple Plan have really good videos too, as it is an e-CD you can watch I'm Just a Kid and I'd Do Anything the first being really funny :-) and you can see a movie of Simple Plan on tour, its slightly creepy, but funny ;-)
If you like catchy, feel-good music buy it now! If you like music that has a meaning and leaves you contemplating the meaning of life stay away...far away. Simple Plan is not for you.
on 18 April 2005
This album is really great! It has great vocals, drums, guitar, lyrics etc. All the songs are really good, my favourite is Grow Up - Its is really good and its true to every teenager/tweenager, all of us love spending hours on the phone and not paying bills and other boring stuff that gorwn ups do (i hope) and I am nearly sure everyone of us has been told at least once to grow up! am i right? ? ?
Anyway i really advise you to get the album it the closest thing to perfect i've ever heard! gotta go Bye!! P.S. enjoy ... if u buy(of course)!
on 21 February 2003
Fan-tastic! This is quite possibly one of the best albums I've got. I hadn't heard too much of this band until I saw them supporting Bowling For Soup in Liverpool. Their set was absolutely fantastic and consequently bought the album. On top of that, I met them off stage when they were doing signings and they're some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet! It's an album where every single song is brilliant and really encompass meaning in their songs. They're humourous while at the same time melodically sincere. If I was to pick out the best songs it would have to be "I'd Do Anything" and "Addicted". Both amazing songs and quite honestly been on repeat on my stereo since I got it. This is by far the best punk album since "Start Static" by Sugarcult and "Young and Hopeless" by Good Charlotte. Anyone who thinks this album is rubbish certainly needs their head examined! This is highly recommended as it is applicable to any mood you may find yourself in!
on 13 March 2003
I bought this album when I was in america last year after receiving an e-mail from the bands record label with a clip of 'I'm Just a Kid' which I was very impressed with. When I got home the album stayed in my CD player for a couple of weeks it's great and I still listen to it now. It's got a little bit of everything: Melodic rock as in 'Perfect' pop-punk as in the two singles 'I'm Just a kid' and I'd do anything. You have to have this album if you like Blink 182, Allister, No use for a name. The list goes on. Just buy it and you'll se what I mean.
on 25 February 2003
After seeing Simple Plan as a support band and buying their album at the same gig I must say i am very impressed. i had no idea they existed until that night but their performance was fantastic. I hoped their album would be too. Thankfully it didn't dissapoint. Though hardly original, this band has real potential. Songs like "I'd do anything" and "God must hate me" are very catchy as is my personal favourite "I'm just a kid." "Alien" shows a humourous side to the band whilst "perfect" shows real emotion.
This album comes highly recommended. If you like new found glory, you'll love this. If you don't like New found glory (and you should!) you'll probably still love this! It's that good.
on 28 July 2004
If you're wanting a serious album this is not one for you. It a bit of pop punk at it's best and unbelievably catchy..it's a feel good album and shouldn't be slated for it. Fans of Good Charlotte, Home Grown and others like them will love this record. Minus 'My Alien' i'm sure on a deeper level, everyone can relate to the tracks on some level...but that's not what you're buying it for?! Highly memorable and definatly one to listen to with your mates!
on 21 March 2003
This must be one of the best albums of the year so far! About 2 weeks ago I saw Simple Plan live touring with Bowling for Soup and Uncle Brain, I just have one word to describe them: WOW!
I was lucky enough to get a signed cd and met the lead singer. This album, there first one, has not one song which really stands out, not two, but five! Also for their first ever album, amazing! I'd Do anything which features Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 is one of the best songs, followed by Worst day ever, then another amazing pop punk song; You dont mean anything to me, which is a great song to listen to when youre in a bad mood!! If you only buy one album this year, buy this one! its ACE! I swear, you wont be dissapointed! I've had my copy for about a month now and i still find myself listenening to it several times a day!!!
on 29 September 2003
Unfortunately I was a slow starter when it came to this band. Consequently, I missed them supporting Bowling for Soup earlier this year. I've been kicking myself even since. Simple Plan are definitely one of the best punk-pop bands around at the moment(and there are a lot of them out there). The songs are catchy and just make you want to jump about. Pierre (lead vocals) has a very unique voice which sets off the songs brillantly. I've owned the album for a few months now and it still gets played every day. The songs really sum up what young people are going through - finding yourself "addicted" to someone who doesn't want you, or appologising to your parents, time and time again, for not being "perfect". We've all been there, or are still there, and this album sums it up. For a debut album, its the best. Can't wait for the next one and I definitely won't miss them the next time they're in the UK.
on 23 June 2005
Great Album. i love it. Good Lyrics some of them pretty funny. One of those rocky albums which makes ya wanna jump about. Great Stuff.
on 31 August 2004
Simple Plan - for once a successful Canadian artist! I'm only joking. This album is absolutely fantastic, with it's mix of serious and jokey songs, from Perfect and I Wont Be There to My Alien and God Must Hate Me. When you are having an awful day at school, work, or just in general, this is THE perfect album to pick you up off your feet, dust you down and get you jumping around like a maniac. And the band itself is not that bad to look at either! With the collaborations with Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 on I'd Do Anything and Joel Madden from Good Charlotte on You Don't Mean Anything, this album is sure to be a huge hit to all you pop punk fans out there!