on 13 January 2013
Wore them to the range yesterday. The right earpiece did not work, but the left seems to be okay....how did this pass quality control?
on 30 October 2015
I've used these for about 6 years and they're good value. You can hear conversations perfectly well and the percussion of a gun going off is muted well. Changing the batteries does need you to give them a good old tug but I've found a set of AAA Duracell lasts 3 years easily. The plastic outer shells need placing on the opposite ear piece and rotating to make sure the cutout is at bottom rather than at the top to allow for the gun stock. When my present defenders expire I will buy another set of Peltors.
on 7 December 2013
Husband who shoot and is now getting "shooters ear", but is in denial! He couldn't believe that they were such good value and never leaves them at home now.
on 22 October 2016
I use electronic ear defenders professionally and have a pair of these as my back up set. On the face of it construction appears inferior to peltor sportac for instance. However, I use these in foul weather, lend them to guests etc. Can't fault them. In fact my sportac lasted a season. Big dissapointment .
In use. I can converse with guests with gunshots taking place quite clearly. Gunshots are subdued well and comfort is good on a days usage.
Changing batteries. There's a small slot under the headband mount. Small screwdriver. Turn it and the pads pop off.
The foam pads on the outer microphones are gone but still works well. They do what they say on the tin. Reliable no frills.
on 18 February 2016
Very disappointed! I received a faulty set one of the speakers had a very annoying raspy sound which I just couldn't live with and was distracting me while I was trying to shoot, also its almost impossible to remove the ear pads to fit the batteries which is 4xAAA!!!! they also have two separate volume switches which are difficult to figure if you have them switched on or not. I ignored reviews and still purchased these because I trusted the PELTOR and 3M Brand, I should have listened to the reviews.
on 8 January 2014
Works great, fits good. Volume button for each ear. Only problem is that its so damn difficult changing batteries.. other than that, id say they are woth the money.
on 7 October 2012
I bought these for both my club and field shooting as I couldn't hear people talking to me with standard ear defenders (there's only so often you can just nod and smile before people think you're mad!) They are very comfortable, compact, stylish and easy to use.

At first you think they are not working, as although you can hear people excellently, you can also still hear the crack of a rifle/shotgun. It's not until you take them off, that you realise they really do reduce the noise level, but you get the FULL safe noise range (~<80db~) and nothing over, whereas normal muffs would block out everything above a much lower level.

Only downsides I can think of being: Replacing the batteries is very hard on the fingers as you have to pull of the edge of a thin bit of plastic to remove the foam ring from the cup. Once you stop worrying about breaking it, you can do it much easier. Also the adjustable strap is quite stiff so opening and closing them without catching a finger takes a bit of a practice.

In summary, these are probably my best shooting purchase to date, they really do make conversation while shooting possible again, and in a lot of cases enhance the noises around you (like a pigeon coming in land).

Well worth the money
on 10 April 2016
These ear defenders are adequate, but nothing more. Build quality is flimsy and poor, certainly not what I expected from a premium £60+ product. They feel like something produced cheaply in China and shipped over.

Performance wise they perform well enough, but to be honest I've used defenders less than half the price of these which performed better.

Other people have said they had trouble opening the casing to insert the batteries - I found no problem there and managed it easily.

I paid more for these as they are a well-known brand and wish I hadn't. Save half the price and get a cheaper brand - they will perform as well and feel at least as good.
on 5 February 2016
Amazing product, drowns out the sound of anything loud. Can hear yourself and other people talking clearly. As other people have stated about inserting the batteries as being difficult and annoying, i have to disagree. Read the instructions clearly and you wont have a problem as i have got the hang of it. Batteries wont need changing for about 6 months depending on how regular you use them. Amazing how they work, excellent ear defenders and great brand. Highly recommend
on 17 January 2016
misleading description, uses AAA batteries not AA as advertised and batteries are not supplied. Extremely difficult to change the batteries you need to google instructions as this info is not on the packaging or if it is you need a telescope to read it. However once you survive the battery debarcle and your fingers have recovered they seem to work fine!