on 7 February 2013
Why can the company who produced this series 3 and 4 dvd get away with what is obviously fraud. We are told that all 13 episodes of series 3 and 4 are contained yet on IMDB it clearly states that there are 13 episodes in series 3 alone. I would like to know if anyone else would be willing to add their name if i was to write to the BBC and complain. I have tried to go to the Universal-playback website but apparently the Domain name has expired (very convenient). I find it hard to believe that even now this boxset is still for sale on the BBC website. Very disappointed with the way this has been done.

On a better note series 3 is as good as ever and still with the regular cast (which made it for me). Grandad is chirpy as ever and the DHSS still cant get the better of the boswells.

so for the content of series 3 i would give it 5 stars. For the way the fraud has been done i would give it 1 star.

Not happy
on 28 December 2008
The Boswells are back up to their scullduggery and extracting every penny they can from the DSS (in those days DHSS). The head of the family, staunch Catholic mother, Nellie Boswell, with her 5 children, the super cool, leather clad Joey with a mobile phone the size of a house, our Jack the antiques dealer ducking and diving and, not always successful, wheeler dealing, our Aveline and her modelling, our Adrian the redundant estate agent and our "I'm not ready for all this" Billy with his wife, Julie, and baby, Francesca, and his clapped out VW Beatle.

Peter Howitt, long before he wrote/directed Sliding Doors and several other Hollywood hits, is by far the best Joey, the series definitely lost a lot when him and Gilly Coman (the original Aveline) left. Yes, this is actually not what it says on the box, it's only series 3 but it's hillariously funny as ever it was and, for me, that's what matters. Let's hope Playback sort themselves out and release series 4-7 sometime soon.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 April 2012
this is series 3 only. series four starts with the character shifty coming out of prison. so dont buy think series 4 is on it!!! Very annoyed with the BBC and will be writing to them under the supply and goods act. ONLY SERIES 3!! Bread is great and series 3 is great but very upset 4 is not on it!!!
on 29 June 2017
Haven't checked it yet as xmas present for my girl but was low cost so bargain my gf loves bread so do I lol classic
on 19 August 2003
I simply love these shows - I watched them on tv a few years back and when I stumbled across them at amazon I just had to buy them ! And although they are almost twenty years old they age really well, it's not only that they are funny - which they definetly are - they are also very warm and while watching you feel that the Boswell's are a family you really would like to be a part of. I mean, they are all disfunctional in one way ore another - but very human and one can relate to them and their problems. These are shows you can watch over and over again - - or in the words of Adrian's girlfriend Carmen : "WONDERFUL."!!
My favourites are the parts which take place at the DHSS - and it's also very exciting to watsh the development of Nellies relationship with her estranged husband, Freddie.
A must-see !!!!!
on 19 July 2017
Very good buy
on 9 June 2016
Really happy with this DVD highly recvomend this seller
on 18 April 2012
While not as good as series 1 + 2, this box set still has the laughs and tears you expect from great British TV. Set in Liverpool it featues the 1st disfunctional family, years before the Simpsond came along, give it a try.
on 21 August 2017
Great show, good price, fast service.
on 21 August 2017