on 21 August 2015
if you value your electrical equipment, plug them into one of these and should an electrical spike occur, you'll be saved the expense of having to replace that item due to power surges that can damage many electrical items, especially desktop computers, routers, NAS devices, telephones and even televisions.

Electricity spikes send a sudden surge of electricity to equipment plugged into the mains and should that surge or spike occur, it can send that sudden surge to the circuit boards, diodes, microchips and power supplies, causing that item to burn out or fail and replacing or repairing those items can be expensive.

I use Belkin surge masters for any item I feel is in danger of suffering as a result of an electrical surge or spike and, after many power cuts and electrical faults over the years, I've not lost a single item plugged into one of the items. They do exactly what they are supposed to do and many come with sockets for telephone lines and ethernet cables. There is even a built-in cable management device to help keep cables tidy.

There is an on / off switch which controls all the sockets and this lights up when switched on to show clearly, whether the unit is on or not.

It's very well designed and provides inexpensive protection for your valued devices.
My ADSL comes in on a BT overhead phone line, I also use a dialup for a particular application.

Before I had one of these Belkin units there was a lightning strike not far away and my ADSL modem/router, an ethernet hub, the dial-up modem and motherboard in this laptop, the dial-up modem and motherboard on my Amiga, and two cordless phones all died. Four of my immediate neighbours also suffered similar damage.

The laptop was repaired under warranty, BT replaced the master socket, ADSL modem/router, the ethernet hub and the phones, but the Amiga took me two months and a lot of grief to repair.

So the Belkin is the stable door locked after the horse has been struck by lightning. However, there have been two more strikes since I installed several Belkins, and my incoming phone line passes through the fused surge protection of one of them. All I needed to do was replace the Belkin with a spare, and get the damaged one exchanged under warranty. The other two neighbours required new computers and ADSL modems again after the second strike.

We all have proper protection now, as have all our friends, and the third strike, while more spectacular than either of the previous two, did none of us any damage apart from the fuses in the Belkins doing their job.

Be aware that for this protection to work properly the Belkin must be plugged into mains wiring where the earthing is effective and up to modern standards.

You cannot afford to be without something like this protection!
on 4 March 2015
Looks as if it does what it claims to do, only a few light electrical storms thus far (they are common in the Northern Isles) and equipment has survived. It is better to disconnect everything before severe storms, of course, but this is not always possible. WARNING, as others have commented about other models from Belkin, unless you retain all your sales receipts for any equipment that is damaged, your chances of claiming under their protection guarantee are pretty slim.
on 24 May 2015
I'm not quite sure how it happened and neither is my local Computer engineer but I had a lightening strike which went through this surge protector and blew the power pack on my Router. As the Router is the only appliance being powered through the surge protector, I've replaced the existing fuse with a 1amp fuse and am now waiting for another lightening strike to see what happens.
on 12 November 2015
Have many belkin and masterplug surge protection sockets and they are all excellent. This is no exception. I bought this after a thunderstorm hit and we had no protection on the phone/wifi line only the mains. Very happy with it
on 4 February 2015
Realty well made product, There are cheaper on the market that so the same job but this is a name you can trust and gives just a little more confidence that there is some protection should there be a power surge or similar.
on 7 April 2014
Years ago I ought be of these and it came with the required cable (a cable with a BT plug at each end), but this did not come with any of the 3 units I bought. So now I need to spend another £4.99 to buy one.

Very disappointed. Don't know if Belkin don't include or seller removed to sell separately, but would ot buy the essential range again.
on 9 June 2015
I bought this 3 years ago (yes I am terrible at writing reviews promptly) however it is still going strong. The first year I had this I lived in a flat with electrics that weren't the best but this coped beautifully. It is a good quality piece of kit and has survived a lot of abuse. I would certainly recommend it because it will probably outlast all of your electrical appliances.
on 4 February 2015
Used this Belkin SurgeMaster to protect my new BT Cordless DECT phone, bought to replace one lost due to a power surge. There was a lightning strike nearby and the SurgeMaster is fine but my new phone has been fried. Not pleased.
on 23 January 2013
I bought this for my daughter when she went to University.

It connects her computer, printer, clock radio - and hair dryer.

What more can I say other than it does what it's supposed to.