My life as a tight fisted northerner has been a cheapo hoover graveyard. After umming and ahhing over this Henry and a Dyson last time, I ended up buying yet another pile of junk that lasted 5 months or so.

So sod it, I bought a Henry!

As I write there are 818 four and five star reviews against 57 one, two and three star reviews. No competition!

Upon taking it out of the box I could immediately feel the build quality is non other than first class. The hoover body (bottom) and motor (top) once clipped together are as solid as can be. The handle and rewind mechanism feel very sturdy as does the hose connection point. Even the wheels are very good.

The tools are also spot on! Quite long stainless steel tubing sections and tough well designed/made attachments. The flexi hose screws onto the body, so no bloody clips/catches to break off!

In use, I really like it. There are more powerful ones out there but with the design of the tools here. . .I don't think you need power. The brush 'really' hugs the floor well, picking everything up efficiently. As do the other attachments. You can increase the power if need be by the flick of a switch. Back to hoover bags aswell. I'm sick to death of 'bagless' cleaners. They're a nightmare to empty out, dust evetywhere. Ridiculous idea that seems a gimmick! I forgot how easy it was to just pop the bag out and bin it, job done.

Another thing I like is the cleaning range. 28.6 metres which is just shy of 88 feet! Possibly no need to unplug the plug in somewhere else. It can take a knock too! Bumping and bashing it around as you go doesn't seem to bother good old Henry.

They don't build'em like this anymore you hear nowadays. They do with this one! I think Henry will be around for quite a long time. . .

Highly Recommended :)
on 6 August 2013
This is a first class cleaner with some great features and it would have got 5/5 but for a few tiny niggles.

It arrived almost assembled! Some appliances are fiddly to assemble when you just want to get going and see it work! Plug in the hose, attach the metal tubes and brush, plug it in, turn it on...that's it. Not only is the packaging frustration free, so is the assembly.

It's a minimalist machine: no fancy clipping together tubes although they are metal, no ergonomically designed futuristic handle, it just does the job it's designed to do and it does it quietly with suitably filtrated expelled air, although I wonder how long the filter will last once it's cleaned up after my 3 smelly dogs.

It's great on hard floors although the economy setting is self defeating as it takes you longer to clean. It's great at cleaning curtains and fabrics. The economy setting is enabled each time you switch it on and there's no variable control but, be honest, how many times do you use that?

It's not great at cleaning carpets and the additional turbo brush will be essential if you have a lot of them to clean.

Pros: easy assembly and maintenance; nothing fancy so nothing much to go wrong; long cable and cleaning reach; quiet; huge dust bag capacity and replacement bags not expensive; metal tubes; economy setting and relatively low power overall doing a great job for less; very stable when used.

Cons: no turbo brush; plastic catches securing top to the base are flimsy; carry handle does not feel substantial and the machine is relatively heavy; no large opening floor head for hard floors although standard fittings so you can buy one.

Verdict: fantastic product, half the price of other products which actually perform less well, believe me, I've had most of them!
on 28 March 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with the hose end cuff ? The original one lasted just long enough for the guarantee to run out and the replacement lasted about six months. This time I tried gluing the seam together and reinforcing it with electrical tape but this did n't work. A friend of mine has an older Henry and her hose end cuff does n't have a seam - some improvement ! I know this part is n't expensive to replace but I should n't have to buy one every six months or so. The cleaner itself is quite satisfactory but I am now looking around for a new vacuum and it won't be a Henry ! MRP
on 30 November 2016
This would be a great product if it was the 1200w model, but it was the 620w which is not as good.
on 28 November 2005
Had to replace my Dyson DC01 upright vacumm cleaner because it had lost suck, too heavy, was fed up with unblocking it and the main reason being I don't have many carpeted rooms any more. Considered the Dyson DC08/11 but were too complex and as everyone gave the Henry a 5 star it had to be the smiling red one. Cheaper aswell! Can't recommend this enough - never have my nooks and crannies been so clean. Sucks up every thing even bits of paper with ease. Good qualtity tools, a metal pole that is very sturdy and it is so easy to store away with its wind-up cable. Forget the "no loss of suction" claim from Dyson, this Henry has bags of it. Very happy - 5 out of 5. ps - the other good point about Henry are the bags - £5 for 10 and your don't get covered with dust when you exchange like my old Dyson.
0Comment| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2017
not 1200v this is the cheaper 620w BEWARE
on 20 March 2013
I'm jinxed with vacuum cleaners and have one every 18 months to 2 years. I have tried everyone from Dyson to cheap Hoover but they never last. Loads of my family members have the Henry so I decided this would be my next one and I'm not disappointed. I've had it a few weeks and I'm completely happy and satisfied. Has amazing suction power and is a sturdy machine. Hopefully the Henry and I will have a long and fruitful relationship!!!
on 30 April 2017
Very good
on 10 April 2014
Wow this is what I call a vacuum !

Seriously, long lasting, good quality...

Highly recommended, don't get bordered to search for a good vacuum. This is the one you need !
on 8 April 2017