Customer reviews

Tunnel of Love
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 April 2018
I own 11 Springsteen albums, from 'Greetings' to 'Lucky Town' and have just purchased this one from Amazon. It's a great record. Bruce seemed to want to get back to basics after the mammoth Born In The USA tour so he came up with this. It seems a very personal record with Bruce seemingly writing about his marriage break-up, strained relationships and a possible overall depression. I like it a lot but it's VERY different to 'Born To Run' and 'Born In The USA' but I think that that's a good thing...an artist as revered and amazingly talented as Bruce should have varied work. It's always top quality no matter what 'mood' he is in.
on 14 March 2010
Have owned this album on cassette since it's original release and decided to replace it with the cd version, as it was starting to sound a little crusty to say the least!
Wonderful to hear it sounding so clean and crisp. Originally purchased because I loved 'Brilliant Disguise', but discovered other musical gems.
Timeless tracks from the tranquil 'Cautious man', to the brilliantly upbeat title track 'Tunnel of Love'; (can never resist turning it up!)
I wouldn't call myself a Springsteen fan, but this is an exceptional album and I know every line of every song. Class!
4 people found this helpful
on 7 August 2013
Although not a massive Springsteen fan, I have just seem him at the Millennium Stadium and was very impressed, so decided to add some of his many albums to my collection. This is more soulful than his earlier ones but still has his distinctive and unmistakable sound. I would recommend to all his fans who do not yet have it.
One person found this helpful
on 7 July 2014
Was discussing with a friend the particular merits of one of the tracks on this album, I said "I've got that"! On checking my collection I found someone had pinched the album, so bought this as replacement. Still love it after all these years! Would recommend anyone to have a listen, well worth it!
on 4 April 2018
If you like his music buy this
on 1 February 2018
Springsteen brilliant as ever
on 2 December 2017
Love this album, its one of my favourites from the Boss.
on 20 August 2016
An iconic album for any Bruce Springsteen fan. One of his better ones, but that's just me personal opinion!
One person found this helpful
on 19 September 2013
I love Springsteen, but this was The Boss's last great album, and features the E Street Band sparingly with Bruce happy to go solo acoustic on some songs.
Not a patch on Born in the USA, but has some fantastic songs, namely Spare Parts and the title track.
on 14 July 2013
I am replacing my old worn out vinyl collection of the Boss's back catalogue and forget what a gem of an album this is. The Boss really bares his soul on this one which was recorded during and after the break up of his first marriage - some really raw emotion here.