Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 January 2017
Every car should have one !!.....an album for driving. I only bought this for the car, as I've been listening to The Boss on vinyl for more years than I care to admit. This, in my opinion, is the best of them all. I met and married my wife because of this album.....imagine the summer of 1980 as a twenty-something driving around the west of Scotland in my beloved '73 Chevy Camaro with "Sherry Darlin" and "Cadillac Ranch" blaring out through the open windows....couldn't fail to make life just that little bit better, could it? We still feel good when listening to it now.
The album is probably his best by far lyrically, without the hard-edged angst and intensity of, say, "Darkness on the edge of town", but with a sprinkling of good old luurrve songs thrown into the mix. There's passion in bucketloads here, along with some of the best sax playing ever from "The Big Man", the late lamented Clarence Clemons. Girls, Motors, Beer, open roads, and this music........enjoy....feel that bit better for it !
review image
on 10 April 2016
I bought this as a vinyl double album and played the life out of it. 40 years later the music still sounds just as good, It has a tremendous 'Live' sound and is possibly his best collection of songs that he has ever released.
on 12 February 2017
Aged to perfection. The music of good memories.
on 30 June 2017
A classic album with some great songs on. I bought this after going to the River Tour at Manchester.
on 26 March 2017
Great to get this cd at such a good price. I have this on vynil,just love it. The remastered album is perfect great listening in my car. Service and delivery was really prompt,well packaged. Brilliant seller. Will definately use again 5 stars all round
on 20 May 2017
I'd forgotten so much of this album despite buying it, and playing it at length, when it first came out. Good to renew the sounds.
on 24 May 2017