on 8 January 2017
The bins arrived well before their due delivery date. Well packaged and supplied with tripod connector. The quality is very good but quite heavy but that is expected for bins of that size. On first use you know you will need a tripod which I already had. You would be hard to see anything without some solid support. The view with the 25x70 bins will blow you away, it is simply stunning. I look up at a faint star cluster and it is like the whole sky has lit up through the binoculars.
on 27 June 2015
Very good long distance observation binoculars ..downside is they only have a 2 year warranty in the UK
on 7 February 2012
My wife and I are just getting into astronomy, she has the telescope so I decided to get a good set of binoculars. I cannot beleive how good these binoculars are. The close ups are amazing. The clarity of the images superb!!!! All moons of Jupiter are clearly visable, Mars, WOW, Venus, amazingly bright and the Moon is simply sensational(especially when full) I could go on and on about how good these bins are. If you want a great piece of kit to get going into astronomy or bird watching then I can only say one thing about these binoculars, BUY SOME!!!!! You wont be disappointed
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2012
5/5

I bought these binoculars a month ago and am delighted with them. Here's why:

Firstly, you're paying a very low price for a very good piece of equipment. Just as good during daytime use, these are becoming the standard for astronomical viewing and if you're paying hundreds and hundreds for optics of the same magnification then you're a fool. Celestron now pretty much has the market covered in terms of good optics at a knock-down price. These are the binos I see at just about every astronomy gathering I attend. People love them.

Secondly, they're not heavy to transport at all... unless you're five years old or generally given to moaning. I regularly trek out with these plus the Hama tripod on my back without any problems whatsoever. Granted, the bag is not thick enough but with a little bit of common sense you can pad it out with cheap foam lining as I did.

Thirdly, I cannot tell you how many times I've knocked these things against a wall or chair and found they're in perfect order; they're solid, reliable, and pleasant to hold.

My tips would be these:
1) Buy the tripod with them (it'll be down in the "Others bought these with it" thing lower down the page), you'll need it for steady viewing.
2) Don't bother with the 25x100 version unless you're going to buy an expensive liquid head tripod.
3) Do NOT be tempted to use anything other than a special optics cloth to wipe the lenses.
4) If you're going to be out in the garden at night a lot don't forget to leave these outside to cool down for quite some time prior - if you don't, they'll gather condensation on a cold night just like any piece of optical equipment.

Through these binos I've managed with ease the following:

Seen binary stars in clear separation, taken a lovely look at the Orion Nebula, been blown away by full and clear views of the Pleiades and the Hyades, seen four of Jupiter's moons AND the red bands on Jupiter, sat for an hour just staring up at the Andromeda Galaxy, seen dozens of star clusters in perfect clarity, and had the most jaw-droppingly brilliant views of our own moon in all its glory.

Drawbacks? Criticisms? None other than that the bag is too thin.
33 Comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2017
These binoculars arrived a day earlier than expected. The quality is disappointing to be honest, they're quite big and weighty compared to modern binoculars and for some reason these didn't come with a strap.
on 16 April 2017
I Bought these for looking at the stars and long distance viewing and they did not disappoint I have used these to look at Ben Lomond from kcathkin braes S W Glasgow
Which is about 30 odd miles as the crow flies on a nice sunny day with the sun to the
West and the images were superb I payed about 76 pounds on Amazon for mine and
They are excellent value for money .
Eye cups a little big and they pinch your nose
A bit hence the 4 star
on 15 March 2017
For such a high power binocular they a pleasure to use with a huge field of view and remarkably steady when hand held. I use them for viewing shipping and fishing activities off shore hand held and usually semi supported on the car window.
on 11 February 2017
I can see Uranus from my back yard!! Yeh
on 2 January 2017
Bought as a present, they appear to be well made, quality astronomical binoculars.
on 29 January 2017
Easily the best £100 I've ever spent on star gazing equipment. The field of veiw is small and takes some getting used to but worth it as you get so much detail.
First used them on Orion and saw the gassy smudge of nebula better than my telescope. Get a tripod for mounting as they stabilise the veiw.