Format: Baby Product|Change

on 22 April 2003
When Elise was born, we got the family skwish, which has been in the family for over eight years now, as a welcome present. Although it has been used by 3 kids before her, it still looks and works as new. She enjoys it tremendously, it is one of her favourites. From the first weeks when it was lying beside her in her crib because she liked to watch the colours until today: now she's 6 months and the fun thing about skwish is that it is so easy to grab for her little hands. We like it as well, because it is nicely made and fun to handle, so when she isn't playing, we sometimes play with it. It will certainly be used for a long time, and after Elise her siblings or cousins will continue to enjoy this fabulous toy!
on 22 December 2015
really well made, paint didn't chip even with toddler chewing, copes well being stretched and squashed and thrown about - elastic hasn't snapped or frayed despite use for over a year - only downside is that adults seem to enjoy it as a stress toy more than the kids who don't seem to know what to do with it - possibly better for older kids but toddlers are not that interested beyond chewing it
on 19 January 2014
The Skwish is just wonderful, bright and light, easy for a 4 month old to hold and pass between hands, I even love the sound that the little wooden beads made sliding around. Something akin to a very quiet wooden wind chime. Baby even uses it with her feet, we thread soft toys through it, we roll it but it doesn't go too far which makes it ideal for baby to start reaching for. Encouraging learning to roll and tummy time. It gets chewed but because of the elastics cannot go far into the mouth. The person who designed this is a genius.
Obviously a classic baby toy. So much to enjoy and discover when using it.
on 2 August 2014
I was bought this for my son when he was first born. I would not have chosen it myself, and was so happily surprised as this turned out to be my son's favourite baby toy. Although it is quite big, it is very light and easy for a baby to grab with the thin elastic parts. It was the first toy that my son was able to pick up. It has a lot of uses, because a baby cab shake it and squeeze it flat and it makes a lovely clunky wooden sound when you shake it. I love it so much that when my friend had a baby, it was one of the few things that I bought for her.
on 1 June 2016
This is a brilliant baby toy - light enough to be picked up by quite small babies, and fascinating enough that most adults I know have played with it for a good few minutes! This is my go-to new baby gift.
on 26 May 2016
I buy these as a present for all my friends that have babies, as they are supposed to be good for development. they are certainly easy to grip at a young age, but lost popularity with my son once he could grasp more complex items. hardwearing and brightly coloured. easy to wipe clean. doesn't make a loud noise.
on 5 April 2016
I bought this after seing my son stealing his friend one. The colors are brights and don't get off the toy. It is strong and very practical to put in your bag for travel. This is a great mutli activity toy: sound, touch and chewing! It always keep it shape. My 7 months baby loves it and can play long time with it.
on 25 September 2015
My baby girl loves this toy. It's an excellent product and very well made initially I didn't think it made a noise but it does as there are 3 wooden sliding rings that make a gentle sound very good for baby and not too loud to annoy.
on 12 July 2014
I love wooden toys but its hard to find safe ones for little babies , this is great , i wouldnt use from newborn but was great from 3 monts , my little one loves shaking and chewing on it!
Loubie
on 31 December 2015
Daughter had a tongue tie revised at 8 weeks and it was recommended to get her something like this afterwards that she could practice using her tongue around. Worked really well for that but also became a firm favourite in the early days between getting tired of the activity mat but not being able to hold things properly.

See one answered question