on 8 March 2017
I bought this to replace an earlier model which had finally bitten the dust after many years of loyal service. This one seems just as good, and the passage of time has produced a sleek machine which is a bit quieter than the original. There are several programmes which I'm working my way through.

(A) basic recipe white bread - I have adjusted the amount of sugar as I found the original a little too sweet. The bread rose just as well with less sugar.
(B) French bread setting: although obviously not in a traditional baguette shape the loaf was crusty and went perfectly with a bowl of soup when cut into chunks.
(C) Basic setting: fruit loaf - I have adjusted the recipe to add more fruit and changed cinnamon to mixed spice for a better flavour, but it produced a lovely loaf which has quickly become a favourite.
(D) brown bread setting: my first attempt sunk in the middle but I did not add vitamin C, which may have been the reason. Since Vit C is hard to come by in a basic form (not orange flavour coated pills), and buying online is expensive, I may not try this setting again.
(E) basic setting using 1/3 wholemeal, 2/3 white flour loaf - perfect
(D) dough setting: The dough comes out quite wet if you make just a dough recipe (say for making your own rolls), which means that the rolls I make are more flat than round, but they taste fine and the final texture is lovely. I have to use a fair bit of flour on the board and on my hands else the dough is so sticky its almost impossible to work with, but never having used any other brand of bread machine I'm not in a position to judge whether this is normal. I can say that my old machine often (but not always) turned out a sticky dough too.

All in all I'm very happy with it, and would buy another without hesitation.
22 Comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 January 2018
I bought this bread maker 2 years ago. At the time the gate tee was longer. The bread maker stopped proving the bread so I ended up with small unrisen loaves. I complained to Morphy Richards who told me it was the pan blade not turning properly.i was sent a new pan but this didn’t make a difference.so after some emails they sent me a new model.This worked for about a month and again small loaves .I have tried my own ,bought shop mixes,bought new yeast .and used the new pan I was sent for the old bread maker. I was told that the original guarantee would remain on the new product .so that has run out and I am left with a crappy machine .
on 3 January 2018
I’m very happy with the machine. The bread is brilliant. Only a couple of annoyances:
The beeping (when it finishes) is so loud it actually woke me up.
There is no way to turn the machine off (except for using the plug)
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 October 2017
Just used it I think it will take a few days to get used to it but I was pleased with the result
on 20 January 2018
Very good and reliable breadmaker. I use it twice weekly for basic white and brown loafs. Only issue is the machine is quite bulky so make sure you have somewhere to put it
on 5 December 2017
My wife seems to be very happy with the way it makes bread and I am very pleased with the results
on 25 October 2017
Good machine
on 14 September 2015
Fabulous bread.
on 9 September 2017
Super pleased.
on 7 September 2017
Thoroughly enjoying my new breadmaker,