Customer reviews

on 9 May 2015
This is a CD of covers and Melanie does a good job with most of them, especially the opening track "Broken Wings" which is fantastic. However, some of the arrangements aren't especially good. Fans will like this, but it doesn't compare with CD's like "Photograph" and "Gather Me".
on 30 January 2015
a great album ,i was not sure when i bought it ,but it was the melanie i remembered from the first days,she has matured as an artist ,but her passion and feelings still shine through ,i fell in love with her voice many years ago when i heard her first album at a friends house ,and have grown with each album to love her more ,truely one of the best of the woodstock generation ,and brings her unique interpretation of some classic songs
on 4 October 2013
Melanie has always managed to bring an extra dimension to the songs she has covered (although her own original are by far better) so it was probably inevitable that she would produce an album filled with cover versions of songs she has loved by others. Apart from it being to short (I'm greedy and would've liked a second disc of her cover versions) I have no complaints. My favourite track at the moment? "Tears Go By"
on 24 July 2013
I love Melanie. Always have done. That said, this isn't one of her best. These are her doing some well known songs. Those that suite her voice are great - Broken Wings, As Tears Go By, Those Were The Days and more. There's also some great instrumental backing that I love. I'm pleased that I bought it and do very much enjoy listening to it.
on 19 October 2014
Only gave this five stars because the system would not allow me to award any more! A studio album from 2002, produced by Peter Schekeryk (Melanie's late husband) and Beau-Jarred Schekeryk (Melanie's and Peter's son). A collection of covers from various genres, almost all of songs that you would not expect from Melanie - "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" and "I Will Survive" as examples. Don't worry - this is not Melanie Does Culture Club or Melanie goes Disco. All the tracks have been given the unique and distinctive Melanie treatment. If you only know Melanie from her "hippy" - (I know that Melanie says she was never a hippy) - then you are in for a surprise. Her voice has matured and is deeper and more powerful and controlled, but still with that Melanie-ness that keeps her fans devoted. My favourite tracks? - either "Broken Wings" or "When I Need You", I can't make up my mind.
on 16 October 2014
Melanie's voice is still as clear as it was when I discovered her in the 70's.
on 24 February 2015