Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 3 July 2003
This cd is filled with songs that have cropped up all over the place & even the artists whose names I did not recognise, their songs were familiar to me (often through adverts).
The cd is well produced with songs following on from each other very well to create a musical journey. Although the name Asian Vibes suggests a clear similarity in the tunes included, the album does not become boring and 'samey', but upholds the ears interest in the music.
This album has two cds, that claim to be split into two sections, for the body and for the soul, however they both have the same feel to them (except for the soul cd starting with Ever So Loney), a happy upbeat vibe.
Listen out for the excellent version of David Bowie's Let's Dance...
on 25 June 2004
There is a lot to get through on this two Cd set, and I'm going to have to give it all a listen through several times before I make my mind up on this one. For now I'm only giving the collection 3 stars, but that's down to it not being quite what I was after...there aren't many 'songs' on the album,(apart from the excellent 'ever so lonely', and thats not the 80's pop version either). Which is a shame because I guess I must want some sort of Bollywood Cd, you know, traditional sounding numbers with lots of female vocals (by the way, if any one out there can make any recommendations for me, feel free).
You will recognise a lot of the names on this album, Massive Attack,KulaShaker,Punjabi Mc, and even a Bowie remix, but I was disapointed because ultimately I think this collection comes over as an Western produced Asian themed chill-out album and dance mix. I am still thirsty for the real thing.
on 6 November 2014
Been looking for the cd for awhile now, they don't make em like this anymore. Very good Asian lounge tunes